Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 40 Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
zapo View latest post
Hello there Introductions esemesas 6 Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
another hidden talent on the server Team Fortress 2 aerynsun 1 Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
Hey Hey Introductions Rayman 5 Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:22 am
Derfy View latest post
You were good son, real good, maybe even the best... Team Fortress 2 Gilly 1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:56 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 47 Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Fareseed View latest post
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Secret Hitler, 19th Jan at 8pm Any Game! Heimerdinger 4 Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
aerynsun View latest post

Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fraggdya
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 pm Post subject: No icon Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Valve watch these a lot and like them, thought i might put this week's up for ya.

Bear in mind the level these pplz play at :O

http://www.wegame.com/watch/TF2_Top10_Plays_of_the_Week_3/

uncle frag
---------------------------------------------------------
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

I don't want to sound like an elitist fag BUT;

10) WTF? a body shot, 1 easy head shot, and one another by luck? [don't tell me that wasn luck i now the limits of the human body and brain. he just hoped for a body shot and got a hs instead]
9)OMG a kritz demo takes out 3 players D: 5 minutes ago i kritz'd a demo on 1st server and he got 6 kills on badwater ^^
8)any decent soldier will eat that guy alive Very Happy
7)first 3 kills? srsly? those weren't klls those were assists, they had low healts obviously.and a scout killing a sniper in close quarters.. next -.-''
6)a decent soldier, agreed Very Happy
5)throwing those stickies there was a good tactic, but luck was on his side,if that uber wasn't there, he would be fuckd.Yes, proper fuckd xD
4)air shots always gets me bcs i can't do them, sweet one Very Happy
3)pure scout pwnage, i wouldn't want to be playing against that guy.
2)pfft sniper frag videos bore me to death.
1)that was sweet and skillful =)

TLDR: i can't understand why people watch these and go like" omg those ppl are so awsum i wanna have their babies!!" those are picked from like 10,000 videos. every one of us does this things =)
I saw spies kill 5 ppl in a row as a spy
I saw snipers pulling much much harder head shots
Kritz + demoman; results NEVER vary, its pure pwnage, nothing new.

And no; i am not jealous ^^
Crehl
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

To be honest (And rather blunt), even to me those kills don't seem to be anything to get excited about. I would've thought professional gamers would be capable of more than that. Certainly beyond what I can achieve, but possibly only a little beyond what I've seen even on the THG servers.
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Those Clans are all about tactics, not about how skillful the players are ^^
You can beat them in 1vs1, but in a 6vs6 they will eat you alive bcs they train real hard!
Most ppl don't get that, and think those competitive players like "immortal un-touchable human beings which even backstabs can't kill" which is plain wrong  Confused
Crehl
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Then it's a shame that the video focused almost entirely on single players and not the team as a whole. I think I saw only 3 ubers/kritz throughout the whole video, and there didn't seem to be any other form of teamwork in the clips they showed. At least, the commentator wasn't telling us about it.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
OffendingEngineer
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Now now dudes chill out.

I would bet sweet money on the fact that most of these "tourneys" are people who play TF2, along with other online shooters, more than your regular player as a team against a team.

Also these guys must be running on the best gear they can muster.

So you really can't compare this kind of play to a pub game like the once we have at THG #1 (Even though alot of amazing people play on it).
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

I totally agree with nOOb, most of these are regular, most of pros I've seen in these videos are soldiers.
If you haven't seen week 1 & 2 here it is:

Week 1
http://www.wegame.com/watch/TF2_Top_Ten_1/

Most are not that good in Week 1 so just skip to N.1 spot.

Week 2
http://www.wegame.com/watch/TF2_Top10_Plays_of_the_Week_2/

In Week 2 you will see some teamwork and there are more good spots than Week 1
MrAdz
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 am Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Crehl wrote (View Post):
Then it's a shame that the video focused almost entirely on single players and not the team as a whole. I think I saw only 3 ubers/kritz throughout the whole video, and there didn't seem to be any other form of teamwork in the clips they showed. At least, the commentator wasn't telling us about it.

Agreed

The last one had some team work bits in it too though :<

Apparently alot of 6v6 gameplay is about your ability to play as a solo player as much as your team work
smudge
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

I think you have to remember that if you are a pro in this sort of match your also against other pros.  So your against people that could pull off the same sort of things as you. So being able to beat someone so badly when they are a pro is very impressive, if someone did that to an average person on THG that would be good but they are doing it against someone whom is at the highest level of skill and TF2 knowledge.
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that. Quite enjoyed the other two and didn't know they were making more.

Despite some of plays being down to more luck than judgment (the filmmakers fault), there's some real good stuff in there that shouldn't be downplayed too much. Especially when it's against players of equal level as Smudge pointed out, as that makes a big difference. And to say these players are all about teamwork and could be beat 1v1 is pretty far from the truth. These players spend hours every day honing all parts of their game to be as good individually as they can. And though they do put in quite a bit of time working on tactics and the like for matches, it usually a very distant second to any concerns about their own game.

Of course on the flip side these things also should not be overplayed. The level in TF2 isn't all that high compared to some other games and if you were to combine the amount of time some THG players put in (which for some is probably a hell of a lot more than these guys) with the right type of practice and determination, they could easily catch these guys up (although that is not a path I would really recommend anyone taking, for a number of reasons).

Finally you really shouldn't refer to this lot as pro gamers even though it is not really meant all that literally. It can often set them up as something more than they are and such things only serve to create divides in communities.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

It can often set them up as something more than they are and such things only serve to create divides in communities.

Thats what i was trying to say ^^
Those are only human,like ourselves..
Watching this video "MADE YOUR JAW DROP OMG"? Try watching an open heart surgery and your head will explode!
Meh i am gonna go to server1 and kill some spies with my bonesaw..
Wrath
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

I could take them all on and I'd win... but only if I played with my pants off.
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Play against them all Wrath and i will bet all my money on you Very Happy
Rimo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Push Gaming TF2 plays of the week Reply with quote

Imo, the worst state to play games in is 14:00 and still in your pyjamas, and not even woken up an hour ago Razz
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: