Joined: Feb 23, 2008
Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
|Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 pm Post subject: Left 4 Dead - Info
About the Game:
From Valve (the creators of Counter-Strike, Half-Life and more) comes Left 4 Dead, a co-op action horror game for the PC and Xbox 360 that casts up to four players in an epic struggle for survival against swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters.
Set in the immediate aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, L4D's survival co-op mode lets you blast a path through the infected in four unique ?movies,? guiding your survivors across the rooftops of an abandoned metropolis, through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests in your quest to escape a devastated Ground Zero crawling with infected enemies. Each "movie" is comprised of five large maps, and can be played by one to four human players, with an emphasis on team-based strategy and objectives.
* Addictive single player, co-op, and multiplayer action gameplay from the makers of Counter-Strike and Half-Life
* Versus Mode lets you compete four-on-four with friends, playing as a human trying to get rescued, or as a zombie boss monster that will stop at nothing to destroy them.
* An advanced AI director dynamically creates intense and unique experiences every time the game is played
* 20 maps, 10 weapons and unlimited possibilities in four sprawling "movies"
* Matchmaking, stats, rankings, and awards system drive collaborative play
* Designer's Commentary allows gamers to go "behind the scenes" of the game
* Powered by Source and Steam
Valve: Official Forums
* OS: Windows Vista, XP or 2000
* CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
* RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
* DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM Drive
* HARD DRIVE: At least 7.5 GB of free space
* VIDEO: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
* SOUND: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card