Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 28 Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 pm
DaV View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm
asmila View latest post

Does anyone use wine/cedega/cxgames? Voice trouble.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Hardware & Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kim
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:31 am Post subject: No icon Does anyone use wine/cedega/cxgames? Voice trouble. Reply with quote

I run TF2 in linux, and the only thing I cant get working is the voice chat Sad Anyone tried? I installed teamspeak earlier so i can get on that but it's not much use when only 10% can hear you Smile

Ta!
tomfin
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Does anyone use wine/cedega/cxgames? Voice trouble. Reply with quote

kim wrote:
I run TF2 in linux, and the only thing I cant get working is the voice chat Sad Anyone tried? I installed teamspeak earlier so i can get on that but it's not much use when only 10% can hear you Smile

Ta!

Hey Kim, and welcome to THG.

Kudos for getting TF2 running in Ubuntu. There are some guides for installing it out there (sorry, it was late night browsing and I don't think I saved the link) which might be useful, the only thing I can think off the top of my head is that you need to switch over to ALSA sound instead of OSS for almost any of TF2's audio to work. You also need the Gecko browser engine installed for accessing the Steam community and launching games (Steam uses the Internet Explorer engine for display purposes).

Most of TF2 and Steam should work, the major casualties are Friend Message popups (which are blank blue boxes) and the Steam Ingame Overlay (would let you chat to friends while ingame).

Be sure to email Valve and ask how long before the TF2 Linux client is made available Wink

We should all get onto Teamspeak eventually, so keep that handy.

Cheers, hope that helps a bit.

Hang on... Found those links -
RunTF2 under Linux in Wine - HowTo
TF2 running in Linux (YouTube)
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Hardware & Software All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: