Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 26 Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm
DaV View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post

Scrambling on #2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

votes: 1
germany.png

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:37 am Post subject: Loot Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

Last edited by olshi on Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
zzzzzzzzzz
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

If we had a vote to extend maps we could have more time to adapt to a steamroll as well

because we have maps that everybody wants to play like badwater, and god forbid badwater ends in less than 10 minutes.

Quote:
There aren't any bad players on #2.

yes there are
- jotaP19
- #1 players who squat on #2 when aeryn isn't around
- pyro players
asmila

portugal.png

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

I think the ammount of people needed to start a scramble vote should be upped to like 10 or something, instead of just 4. This is because there are a couple of people who want to scramble as soon as they get pushed to last on a 5cp map, even if the round has been going on for like 10 minutes, because I guess in their heads if a team is on their last then the teams aren't balanced, and a balanced game is where no one wins a round.

It also sometimes helps killing the server if it happens later in the day.
---------------------------------------------------------
olshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

germany.png

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

Sorry guys I've not been on the forums as much as I should've been.

Sure steamrolls happen from time to time, but I'd guess it mostly based around poor class choices. At least that's what I've seen on #1. There's also the potent 'Kaibz effect' as he's far more likely to create an organised team than another random medic who isn't using their mic. The few times I've been on #2, I don't remember much voice communications between the team, but things may be a lot different now.

asmila wrote (View Post):
I think the ammount of people needed to start a scramble vote should be upped to like 10 or something, instead of just 4.

Interesting idea. If the amount required was to be increased, I think 10 is a little on the high-side.

olshi wrote (View Post):
There are also hidden scrambles at play in form of Kaibz jumping teams. These are arguably even worse because they happen silently. Suddenly one team loses a good, talking Medic with regular √úbercharge, while the other team gains a talking Medic or Pootis - probably exactly what they were lacking. How long does it take for the team to realize that a Medic is missing.

Probably quite quickly given he's an enthusiastic, talking medic Smile IMO Kaibz shouldn't have to announce he's switching teams but maybe if he reads this he can give you a headsup from now on. In any case it'll appear in chat and be obvious soon enough. Maybe a few others could also switch to help balance the teams. It may also have the effect of reducing the number of scrambles, too.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
olshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

germany.png

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

Big_Daddy
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

djibouti.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Spy
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

I agree with Olshi here, sometimes steamrolls happen because of 1 team having a way worse comp than a better team. (I am talking in general, not special about #2 FYI)

Is it then a good idea to scramble it because one team refuses to adapt to the other one? Or is a steamroll sometimes needed to let people know there are more classes to play and that counterplay still is a part of tf2. Instead of ''Oh I hope it scrambles so I get on the winning team and can keep playing scout''.

So putting the scramble to a higher number, when it really is just all regs stacking vs all randoms (example) might be a better solution then just go ILOSESCRAMBLETIME.
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

olshi wrote (View Post):

Why though? My point is that we should avoid shuffling players around, and only scramble is extreme cases. Sometimes it seems like our goal on the server is to find the most perfectly balanced match possible instead of actually playing TF2 with one team versus another.

Some people will vote for a scramble regardless, but I think others only vote for one when they believe the teams are obviously stacked. One way to help with that is for a top-scoring player to help out the other team. Dependent on class choices it may not solve the issue though.

I think we should strive for games that minimise the number of steamrolls as that likely prevents ragequits and keeps the server fuller for longer. Ideally we want either team to think they've got a reasonable shot at winning the round.

The scramble has always been the hammer solution. It's certainly not perfect.

A few potential options:
- Increase the number of votes required to start a scramble vote.
- Increase the percentage required for the vote to pass (Unsure what the current percentage is)

Suggestions?
olshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

germany.png

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:45 am Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

zzzzzzzzzz
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Scrambling on #2 Reply with quote

I think increasing the amount of votes needed to trigger a scramble vote should be increased. As far as I know it's 1 vote for every 8 people on the server, this should be upped so votes don't get triggered so easily.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: