Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 26 Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm
DaV View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post

There is a map change bug atm!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:11 am Post subject: No icon There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

I have noticed "server 1" is changing to a mvm map auto "which crashes it i think as its not set for mvm" this is since the latest update!

For now iv put it down to the native map chooser plugin we use! and defaulted it to the stock plugin for now!

lets see how that goes
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:23 am Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Server was having trouble last night. Every so often a message would pop up saying 'Server is shutting down' and I'd have to manually start it back up again.

Is this the same thing?

I tried looking at the logs on FTP but I don't have the correct permissions to access them.

Hopefully this fixes the issue though  Smile
Kaibz
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

It's funny there is this issue on server 1 and not on 2 as they have the same map plugin?

Btw, could it be possible to have some of the custom maps of server 1 on server 2  like badwater pro, rust, fifth curve and cliftop if we have to resort to using it?

These issues might be because of the last TF2 update: "Internal system changes in preparation for a future update "
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Kaibz wrote (View Post):
It's funny there is this issue on server 1 and not on 2 as they have the same map plugin?

Btw, could it be possible to have some of the custom maps of server 1 on server 2  like badwater pro, rust, fifth curve and cliftop if we have to resort to using it?

These issues might be because of the last TF2 update: "Internal system changes in preparation for a future update "

I thought the same thing! its also done it again since my changes earlier! so I have since updated the sourcemod and metamod to the latest stable versions. I will look to update plugins 1 by 1 I guess untill we suss it out  Rolling Eyes

iv also activated logs Smile and copied the nominate file to use on #2 so we should have all the maps there now if this is what you meant ?
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

I meant the folder permissions. I can't access it over FTP even though the folder looks like it exists.

And I don't have SSH access so can't do it that way either
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Yeah I can sort the permissions thing dav  Smile.

I think I may have!!! fixed the crashing/mvm mode problem which would of been the restarting issue too. I'm not really 100% sure what it was as I changed  a fair bit of stuff to get it to work right.

Give me a few days and prob tf2 updates LOL and ill have it back to how it was, as the map chooser plugin is the stock version atm and seems to be ok so far so good  Wink
Kaibz
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Good job guys !

Will check how it goes this evening on server 1
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Its still broke :< #1 I will look more into it and get something sorted out "hopefully" soon :)

I Will keep you updated however! for now use #2 and hopefully that holds up although I don't understand why that's "#2" is ok and not #1  Rolling Eyes
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Changing to MvM map, did you do something Mom  Wink

Now for the problem, i found some regulers on #1 today, joined to tell them about #2 and they said it was empty, but I knew it was full, turns out they took the IP from the forums for #2 but that IP is wrong.

Forum IP #2 87.98.254.85:27025
We play in 87.98.254.85:27026

So those who don't have it in their list already and take it from the forums are getting the wrong information for #2.

I stayed for 5 minutes and got the same mesasge "Server is shutting down"
---------------------------------------------------------
Kaibz
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Binksy, yeah that is really weird, and that's not it, as AMT said there was 2 "server 2".....

I think it confused a lot of people and we didn't managed to keep the server populated for very long.

One request if i may, i know you might not have time for that but, can we get the class limit on server 2 as it is on server 1, because we already started to see teams with 3 snipers and stuff like that and i think most of our regulars enjoy the class limit.
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Well I fixed the wrong ip issue with #2! the other server as kaibz has shown you! 27025 was running in the background it had came detached from its screeen, so that issue is fixed now however the bug with #1 is still not.

I actually thought maybe that the double server was causing all issues but it seems not as #1 still shuts down and shows a mvm map :<  Rolling Eyes  ill have another look today..
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Well I just thought I would let those that didn't now what the issue was with #1 crashing!

It happened to be the replay system/bot that was causing our server to crash/shut-down and show a mvm map/mode.

I am not sure why yet! however I will look to get it all working again asap.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:19 am Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

The server is or should now be working as it did before Smile
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Awesome binksy, thanks for looking at this.

I wasn't on last night but certainly looks to be working fine now. Hopefully they'll fix the replay bot at a later date  Smile
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: There is a map change bug atm! Reply with quote

Nice work Binksy! Everything seemed to be running smoothly last night.  Smile
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: