Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 6 Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 pm
carlos View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
HLstatsX - Stats Resets!- Last reset 1-11-2017 - Updated. Servers binksy 13 Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am
binksy View latest post
Map to add to the servers. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 9 Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 pm
DaV View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 14 Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 pm
DaV View latest post
Warning about one of the new Jungle Inferno maps. Servers Fareseed 0 Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Hiya! Introductions TerraTigris 2 Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:00 pm
DaV View latest post
THG REG Apply to join THG Regs YladFrank 4 Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm
DaV View latest post
NEW TF2 SHORT! [UPDATE NEWS] Team Fortress 2 Fnif 3 Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm
zzzzzzzzzz View latest post
Votekick/voteban doesn't work? Team Fortress 2 BurritoBazooka 1 Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:03 pm
DaV View latest post

Ban appeal

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Banned?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iNorrx

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:54 pm Post subject: No icon Ban appeal Reply with quote

Good evening,

probably everyone of you has had that moment, when you google your own steam ID just to see what results will come up...
Well, I did exactly this yesterday evening and found out that I am banned from the THG servers because i was apparently hacking.
As you may - or may not - imagine, i was taken by complete surprise seeing this ban.
First of all i can not recall ever playing on any THG server (which does not mean i never joined your servers, could as well be my lousy memory).
Then again i do not know if i ever will play on any THG server in the future, but that is not what this is about.
For me it is about the principle.
Of course i have already checked the sourcebans entry and it seems that I was not banned directly from the server but via browser.
As I could not find a demo i was hoping to get some more information about this ban if i ask you directly.
I was admin on different Team Fortress 2 servers over the past six years and I still am admin on quite a few servers at the moment.
I never had any sympathy with hackers and banned a few hundred of them in my "career", which is probably the reason why this discovery shocked me so much.
I hope you can help me with my problem.

-regards

Nirrox

PS: here are my account details
steam3ID: [U:1:47828679]
steamID32: STEAM_0:1:23914339
steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008094407
customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nirrox

PPS: I did actually read the rules when signing up for your forums and i did read the point stating that users are only allowed to have one account.
However i never got any confirmation mail signing up the first time (with my usual name: Nirrox), so i hope the fact that i made another one is not a problem.
MIG
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 2
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: demo/med
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban appeal Reply with quote

Here is your ban details:

Ban Details

Player [TBR] Nirrox

Steam ID STEAM_0:1:23914339
Steam Community 76561198008094407
IP address no IP address present
Invoked on 07-17-15 23:33
Banlength Permanent
Expires on Not applicable.
Reason Aimbot
Banned by Admin Topher
Banned from Web Ban
Total Bans No previous bans
Blocked (0) never
Comments None

As it was a web ban and invoked by one of our admins "Topher" should be along shortly to deal with your inquiry to the permanent ban and reason for it.

Thank you

MIG
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban appeal Reply with quote

Yeah this could be a tough one just so you know! it does happen where we can get it wrong "if a demo" was made we could all see it "which should be done in hacking cases" mainly due to ban appeals which helps 99%! however your background does seem legit "it still" doesn't mean that you didn't hack but it may well end up that it could be a mistake ;/.

Topher will have to get back to us before anything can be done since our admins have full control over there bans and 1st say on ban appeals.

Just a note: The ban was via browser as our in game default source bans does not let you ban perm unless the admin logs in to SB to change it or add it as perm.
Topher
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 7
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban appeal Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay, I'm afraid I'm pretty busy on a Sunday.

Thank you for taking the time to come to our forums, I fully understand the importance of reputation and why you've come.
On rare occasions if I come across a player on another VAC enabled server with an very obvious aimbot who has yet to receive a Sourcegames VAC ban, I will record them then add them to the THG ban list to avoid being forced to deal with them later.
I used to play a fair bit on the lotus 24/7 2fort server which could be where I have encountered you based on your tag, if it was not on THG.
However I can't seem to find your ID in my personal logs and I can't find the demo file for anyone playing with your name.
Also of course your profile does look perfectly legit.
Although your ban was only 4 months ago I'm at a loss for what it's about and therefore I see no reason not to remove it. I don't think anyone else would have an objection to this either?

Thank you,
Topher
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban appeal Reply with quote

Its cool, good judge Topher we can always keep an eye out Wink
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
iNorrx

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban appeal Reply with quote

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly, as you said: reputation really is important.
I have played quite a bit on te 24/7 2fort server as well, so it could be possible we met there indeed.
Anyway, thanks for the unban and feel free to spectate me when i join your servers someday ;)

-regards

Nirrox
---------------------------------------------------------
www.steamcommunity.com/id/nirrox/
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Banned? All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: