Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
TriggerHappyGamers [HL] 9v9 Match! Friday June 1st Matches & Events MIG 12 Tue May 29, 2018 12:45 pm
MIG View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 4 Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 am
kLoWn View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 0 Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm
asmila View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 17 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:41 pm
DaV View latest post
Bits of More bits Team Fortress 2 suski 2 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm
DaV View latest post
Secret Hitler! 8PM BST on the 26th of May. Any Game! Heimerdinger 0 Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 pm
Well.... Dav did ask... has anyone got a replay of that.... Team Fortress 2 Haytch 4 Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm
[HL] THG Friday June 1st @ (19:30pm bst/uk) (20:30 cest) Matches & Events MIG 0 Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm
MIG View latest post

THG Hosting diffrent games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Hosting diffrent games Reply with quote

carlos wrote (View Post):

@Amelia still like to hear your ideas as to which mods you would like to see as maybe non would have impact on the game if it was implemented:)

Right now, we're trying to dicuss on the server to see what are everyone's thoughts on that kind of stuff
and maybe we'll think of some plan for the Minecraft to make a game more refreshing for everyone in the future ( especially those who already got bored Smile ).
If we do ( that is discussing it with every single person that plays and come up with sensible plan), we'll give you an update.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Hosting diffrent games Reply with quote

I see there is a rainbow thing bit like bukkit http://www.project-rainbow.org/ havent had a chance too read as just recived an email with link if anyone cares to take a look.

And report if it would be any good to us.
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Hosting diffrent games Reply with quote

Even though modded Minecraft is a lot of fun and it'd be great to play it with other THG regs, I think the problem with it wouldn't be keeping all the mods up to date, it'd be having a real active admin on the server. There are so many little problems that can crop up, be it a simple bug or something causing lag, that unless the admin is actually playing on there, it's not really going to be worth the effort for them, as they will constantly be badgered.

As for other games, it might also be a good idea to set up a stickied thread where people can post games they have and are willing to play multiplayer with. For instance, I've noticed quite a lot have Civ V, and if anyone is in the mood for playing that they can just check there and then give the people who listed that game a shout of Steam to see if they're up for it.
TheKnigget
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Hosting diffrent games Reply with quote

If the mod is open source, small and doesnt have lots of dependencies or major impacts to the game then we could always form a small dev team
Im up for playing assisting in maintaining the software if needed.

All we need is a small dev team, some form of version control, an up to date wiki site for non devs and devs to use, lots of tests and some info on how minecraft runs.

I mean it cant be that hard to maintain a small mod compare to trying to debug a problem that takes you to the JVM inner workings 0.0 ...
Jaguar
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Hosting diffrent games Reply with quote

Precizion is right about mod servers needing an admin, but i don't think that should stop us from trying. I've got a fair bit of experience with modded Minecraft and would be happy to volunteer my services to get a THG server running. I really can't see myself playing much on the vanilla server, but I checked it out for the first time recently and it is very cool. Would be 100x cooler with mods :D

I can help make the pack as well if you want a custom one.

Carlos, if the pack is stable then there shouldn't be an issue and there are plenty of stable packs. People are obsessed with updating mods as soon as an update is invariable and often end up breaking stuff. It's possible to do though. Regarding load, we can start with a lighter pack. I don't know the spec of the new dedi server or how much load the current TF2 and MC servers put it under.

Suffice to say, I'd really love a THG modded Minecraft server to play on!

And as for the impending 1.9 update, The mod scene for 1.7.10 is insanely strong right now. 1000+ mods. When 1.9 is released it will take a fairwhile for the mod scene to catch up - no point in waiting for it imho.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Any Game! All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: