Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 26 Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm
DaV View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post

Favourite game as a kid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

aerynsun wrote (View Post):
Vermin8tr wrote (View Post):
"Knock Down Ginger" - not sure you can get away with this name now  Shocked

Rat Race - Vic 20

yea you can - ask dav  Smile  Smile

jet set willy was one of mine but wasnt a kid...never managed to finish the game either.....not sure you could have a game called that either now...................and yes remember manic miner too
---------------------------------------------------------
Amelia
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

Sierra Adventure games! Quest for Glory or King's Quest anyone? Anyyyyyoneeeee? No? Oh well  Crying or Very sad I went through whole series, replayed, worshiped and dreamed about.

How about... Doom, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Heretic or Hexen? I spent a lot of time on those and I still return to them ( all of them except Redneck Rampage are on Steam now too  Exclamation )

And a bit later, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Blair Witch: Rustin Parr.

I was mostly PC player from the very beginning.
I also had a period for jRPG on Emulators like Snes etc...
Harvest Moon and Princess Maker too, yay xD. I still play with Princess Simulators and stuff, I'll never grow up from it >.>
Final Fantasy VII and VIII, those had a big impact on me. But not as big as The Longest Journey

I do remember this little game from Commodore though:

Oh and I shouldn't forget games from Pegasus console (clone of NES that used to be sold here in Poland when I was a kid). Barbie and Little Mermaid, I was a pro in those xD.

*cough* Sims *cough*
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 3
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

I don't really have a favorite game exactly.
Some I'd play a lot of because I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

But mostly I just play games I like and that's it.
I've never bought a game and not liked it, but that's because I do research first.
winthof
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

estonia.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

I dug deep into my memories of childhood and discovered there are tons of NES games I loved.

Just completed one of the games, B-Wings, I wasn't able to finish as a kid  Cool

Scoutgeek144
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 2
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

Hmm , I dont think I am quite old enough to be able to relate to your old games.
BUt when I was younger(I am still kinda young compared to you old lot  Rolling Eyes ) I enjoyed mario cart on the DS and more recently mario cart on the Wii(eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Is actually Rax/Arx/Incorrectlyspelt
Add me
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Salith
Forum Master
Forum Master

uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

For me, the first one that really ate my time was Elite (since I only had an Acorn Electron, so not much to play on that)
When I got a PC though, it's a toss up between Mechwarrior 2 and Half-Life.
Find me on XBox Live as Salith. Halo Reach!!!
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

I was a Nintendo kid, so a lot of Mario and Zelda games from NES and GameBoy through to N64. I used to play some Bullfrog games (Magic Carpet, Theme Park, Theme Hospital) on our family PC but it was always such a pain to get the games running that I drifted back to consoles.

It wasn't until the late 90s that I really got into PC gaming, most memorably with Hidden & Dangerous, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex and Thief. Once I started playing the CounterStrike mod (around Beta 6 or so) I knew that online multiplayer was where it was at, for me!  Very Happy
Haytch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

Shake wrote (View Post):

Once I started playing the CounterStrike mod (around Beta 6 or so) I knew that online multiplayer was where it was at, for me!  Very Happy

I think I stopped CS after 0.6.  It was hilarious in those days, no such thing as VAC and punkbuster in the early days.  Most people spent 90% of the time boosting through the skybox on Dust1, or using skins with massive arrows pointing to the enemy players.

I remember getting an early USB modem as it was a better than the old 9 pin serial connection.

Barrysworlds servers, freeserve dial up, playing 3 deaths and swap on a mate's PC.

I'll stop there as I'm getting into Proust's Madeleine territory
Lophophora
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 1
england.png

Favourite TF2 Class: pyro
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

Hemsk wrote (View Post):
Probably Rainbow Islands (man I was awesome at that game) or the Dizzy games (collected all of them as they came out, they were such a big deal at the time), both on the speccy.?

Awesome! Rainbow Islands came with my Amiga, Flight of Fantasy pack. Ahh that was the longest day at school ever waiting to leave to go collect! But I do think Bubble Bobble was the superior game  Very Happy A few years before the Amiga we had a speccy, but Bubble Bobble sucked on that, so I was always trying to get my mate to load it up on his C64. Along with Pacland, Armalyte, Barbarian.

Started out gaming on a friends BBC, Repton, Elite, Chuckie Egg, Dogfight!

Some of my old consoles are still hanging around, snes, neo geo pocket, dreamcast, saturn. Sold the amiga last year, the spectrum is long gone, but I still have all the tapes from that, and a stack of Crash magazines.

And who can forget Game and Watch! Lost too many childhood hours to Mario Bros the one in the bottling factory

gibbon

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

Going back to ZX Spectrum days for me. So many games to remember. As already mentioned Jet Set willy, Manic Miner and the Daily Thomson games, I used a small ball to roll across the 2 keys after wrecking at least 1 joystick.  But I think there used to be some two player games where me and a mate would cram on the same keyboard.

By the time my favorite game came along, Gran Turismo on the first Playstation i was a really big kid lol.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Coins
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Favourite game as a kid? Reply with quote

I can say the Mario games of course, but tbh, i still play them. Even when i'm getting older, i want to play them even more all of a sudden. And i still enjoy them.

My father was a big gamer back in the day. He was one big player on Earth and Beyond(link for reference) back in the day. I played it aswell, like any son would do i guess.
Anybody knows this game btw? This was probably the first big game i played in.

When the servers got shut down, i had to find some other games to play ofcourse.
One of them is Runescape. It's probably one of the more hated MMORPG out there, but it was a really fun and good game back then.

And some casual games i played the crap out of it was; Red Alert 2(Yuri's Revenge), The Tekken series, Final Fantasy Series, Tales of Symphonia, NBA street series and you can just go on. The list is probably to big to mention here. I was a gamer at fairly young age. Never regretted it!

I like being a casual player, it gets the fun out of every game.
Nintendo friendcode: 3797-7900-0588
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Any Game! All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: