Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

New maps to the rotation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutgeek144
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 2
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:01 pm Post subject: No icon New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

I was thinking about new maps to add to the rotation  last night and I've come up with some:
pl_barnblitz_pro - I'm fed up with the boring snowy textures of the stock maps so this ones green and has some sutble changes
pl_retawab - Badwater,backwards
pl_swiftwater_ugc - Nice pl map not sure if we already have it though.
cp_toyfort -any of them they look nice and are kinda fun to play.

Just my ideas if you want to add any or even add them to the server rotation say so.
THanks!
Rax
---------------------------------------------------------

Is actually Rax/Arx/Incorrectlyspelt
Add me
Coins
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Swiftwater is an absolute yes! Its such a great payload map really.
Nintendo friendcode: 3797-7900-0588
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

toyfort (although its a beta) and swiftwater (not UGC) are already on the server. I can update the toyfort version if it's now a final.

Barnblitz is played quite regularly so I don't think there's any harm in trying out the pro version if there's support for it.

pl_retawab sounds interesting but would likely only be played on a custom map night.
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

not new but cp_egypt has dropped off the nominate list as has hydro - and have had requests to put them back on pls, no idea why they went in the first place.

tyvm Smile
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

its because egypt and hydro suck. They also tend to empty the server. its maybe nice to include them in custom map night and gauge interest.

kLoWn
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

you may not like them klown, but the regs are asking if they can be put back on the nominate menu, just as they are slighly moving away from all pl maps, they would also like these put back on the nominate menu.  they are vanilla maps and generally it is a good idea to keep the regs happy  as that is what keeps them on our server  Very Happy  Very Happy
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 3
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

We play gravel pit, which to me, is awful.  Laughing
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

I agree that it would be nice to see some different maps on the server, over the past month or so it's felt like there is always a sub-set of players who are not happy with the current map (not the same players, it just seems more difficult recently for everyone to be content with the map at the same time).

I think Payload maps generally work well with 12v12 or 13v13, but unfortunately the official ones have been played to death (I still enjoy them personally, but I think a lot of regs are bored of them). I'll try to look into some good custom ones to suggest, but pl_swiftwater_ugc and pl_barnblitz_pro (as Scout/Rax suggested) seem like a good place to start.

From a quick bit of research, but not having played them recently, pl_alpen_rc1, pl_borneo_rc4, pl_millstone and pl_manngrove_rc5 might be worth a try. I'm not sure if Cashworks is still on, I know it was at some point (pl_cashworks_final1). Also I think there is a newer version of Pier than the one on the server (pl_pier_b11_fix).

I think Hydro and Egypt can be fun, would be good to have them as an option at least.

I personally dislike pl_retawdab (left-right mirrored Badwater) but have only played it briefly (I found it very disorientating) - I think a completely original map would be more fun.

Will let you know if I find anything else, hope this helps more than it hinders! Thanks  Very Happy
winthof
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

estonia.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

There is this map called pl_beerbowl which I played recently. Despite its weird cart it was actually a pretty interesting map with lots of nice pathways to flank on.

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/117832
Coins
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

winthof wrote (View Post):
There is this map called pl_beerbowl which I played recently. Despite its weird cart it was actually a pretty interesting map with lots of nice pathways to flank on.

Its not even shaped as a beer!

BAAAAAAD!
Nintendo friendcode: 3797-7900-0588
Forum Rules
winthof
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

estonia.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:01 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Coins wrote (View Post):

BAAAAAAD!

I know, right!
There's only one bottle and it barely resembles a bottle of rum. And the bottle is broken!
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Coins wrote (View Post):

BAAAAAAD!

always has to be one
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 3
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Honestly?
I'd take any maps.

Gotta be better than play the same handful of maps until deja vu sets in every night.

Still, better than the HH server where suddenly, everyone leaves because of a single map they didn't like.
Dexiefy

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Remove Badwater, Steel and Upward for a week and you will suddenly get variety Razz
Those 3 maps are a problem, they just take all the votes so getting something unusual on is close to impossible.
To get Hoodoo on (map aint the best but its something different than the rest) i had to keep nominating it every time for 3 days.
Still no success with Yukon, pipeline or koth sawmill (another map that aint the greatest but again, its a change from regular maps) cause spamwater and spamward take all the votes.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Rather  then remove altogether just change the nominate menu around, also some admins do have the ability to make custom votes out of the maps in the admin map list, maybe admins should use that abit more to see if variety will work.

Or make up 2 nomination tx files ie week 1 week 2 so it gets moved around week by week.

Just 2p  Shocked
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: