Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
TriggerHappyGamers [HL] 9v9 Match! Friday June 1st Matches & Events MIG 9 Mon May 21, 2018 6:05 pm
MIG View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 16 Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm
asmila View latest post
Secret Hitler! 8PM BST on the 26th of May. Any Game! Heimerdinger 0 Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 pm
Bits of More bits Team Fortress 2 suski 0 Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm
suski View latest post
Well.... Dav did ask... has anyone got a replay of that.... Team Fortress 2 Haytch 4 Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm
[HL] THG Friday June 1st @ (19:30pm bst/uk) (20:30 cest) Matches & Events MIG 0 Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm
MIG View latest post
Scrambling on #2 Team Fortress 2 olshi 9 Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm
zzzzzzzzzz View latest post
Pyro limit Team Fortress 2 HiMom 31 Wed May 02, 2018 6:56 pm
Big_Daddy View latest post

ideas for #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

Sounds good to me too Smile
Huwajux

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

If random crits are disabled can weapon spread be turned off too?
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

Alright, should I change the mapcycle over to something more CP-based, with some PL on the nominate window too?

I'll also add the following to the server config:

Code:

tf_damage_disablespread 1
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1
tf_weapon_criticals 0

Huw, are those the weapon spread commands you were referring to?

Edit: Can't seem to upload a new nominate2_cp.txt file into the root FTP directory. I'm getting a permissions error. Binksy?  Smile I've updated the server2.cfg file and uploaded a new map list (both in cfg/)
Huwajux

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

DaV wrote (View Post):
Huw, are those the weapon spread commands you were referring to?

Yes those are the correct commands. Gun Mettle disabled damage spread by default, but I'm sure it won't hurt to have the setting there anyway.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

I have edited the nominate now Dav m8, Also added the customs to that and modified the mapcycle_cp a little. Looks good to go I think! had a quick once over  Wink  Razz

I did see the bots are still on so we may need to set the count to 0 as they are not so good with cp maps  Wink "ie don't move" lol
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

Thanks binksy! Yeah think removing bots would be a good idea also.
jolle
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

sweden.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

Or if not removing the bots, make the server build the nav meshes so they don't just stand still on some maps. The command is nav_generate, but I think you need to do it manually for each level which lacks it. Don't know if it can be automatic.

Maybe keeping the bots can help fill? I don't know. Up to 10 players people usually just dance and stuff instead, but gets a bit old, shooting some bots maybe helps?

Also, another thing, if CP/nocrits don't work out, maybe make it an instagib DM server? :)
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

Just removed the bots and set the start-up map to "cp_process_final" so its looking like its a fully functional CP server now "I think"  Wink

I hope you all realise with the crits off and damage spread it will not get any quick players or many random players from scratch! ie its empty you will have to sit on it with say 12 players or more for it to maybe decide to give some players to the server "which has the tags set to settings that valve don't agree with"

Quote:
Here are some examples of tags that must be set accurately:

friendlyfire
   respawntimes
   norespawntime
   increased_maxplayers
   nocrits
   _registered
   nodmgspread
   highlander
   nodmgspread

We can bypass the crits by turning them on with a vote at the start of each map! "to turn off/on" I think this gets us out of the crit settings "as above" but the damage spread may need a vote aswell ;/ and defaulted on.

I think this is the best way around things and will make the server more accessible for all quickplay/randoms and us.

What do you think? I think I can convert the all talk vote to work as a crit vote and possible a damage spread vote aswell ;/. I did it a while back so should be do able again.  Question
Huwajux

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

binksy wrote (View Post):
We can bypass the crits by turning them on with a vote at the start of each map! "to turn off/on" I think this gets us out of the crit settings "as above" but the damage spread may need a vote aswell ;/ and defaulted on.

What do you think? I think I can convert the all talk vote to work as a crit vote and possible a damage spread vote aswell ;/. I did it a while back so should be do able again.  Question

If this works it would be a much more viable alternative to filling up the server, but note that as of the Gun Mettle update damage spread is already defaulted to off (most likely in preparation for the competitive matchmaking update), and so all quickplay servers have followed accordingly.

Weapon spread is probably the one you are thinking of, and is how bullet trajectory is calculated with guns like the shotgun and scattergun. If you could somehow get a vote for disabling both random crits and random weapon spread to bypass the whole 'quickplay' issue then that would be optimal. If you could only get this work-around for random crits then weapon spread will have to be an unfortunate sacrifice. Fortunately it is not as noticable as random crits are, so I feel if we're forced into that position then it won't be too detrimental.
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

is this ready for use now, there was discussion on the #1 about coming over to #2 for those that want a more serious game, but no one did.......maybe some aren't sure it is fully set up.
---------------------------------------------------------
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

It is reedy as far as i can tell. I just added the crit vote to trigger at the start of each map! I  now have to try and make a weapon spread vote.

It is ready to test and play though  Wink
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ideas for #2 Reply with quote

ok thanks binsky - here is hoping it gets used properly given the work gone into setting it up for those that want a more serious game  Very Happy  Very Happy
---------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: