Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 23 Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:19 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post

General THG #1 Suggestion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:56 pm Post subject: No icon General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Thought it'd be a decent idea to have a dedicated thread to any suggestions for the server, since many times an idea doesn't really deserve one of it's own. And since some work is going with the server at the moment, now seems a good time to start one.

Here's my own list of a few things that are worth looking at. Feel free to comment on and disagree/give suggestions on any of them:

- Deadtalk: Currently the server only allows chat by players to be seen by their team mates or dead players on the other team. This can be pretty frustrating at times as it means you can't respond to things as they happen, be it saying hey to a joining player if they choose the opposition or saying nice shot to whoever killed you. I've had a look around at mods to fix it and found this one. The setting sm_allchat_mode 1 in that should sort it. Hopefully the mod is up to date and still works with the new changes that have just happened.

- Killstreaks: While on the subject of plugins, a kill streak tracking one might be worth a look. Not that fussed about it myself, but it could be something to bring in and, more importantly, bring back some players. This is one the H|H server seems to be using. Could be worth a trial, as long as the sounds can be turned off and people don't find it too spammy.

- Class limits: Been a bit of grumbling on the server of late about the class limits being a bit too restrictive, specifically the scout (currently set at 2) and the soldier and demo (both at 3). Would be good to hear what everyone else thinks about this and to see whether a change is warranted.
Jaguar
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

I've been one of the people grumbling about the class limits. With 13 players on a team, more than 3 soldiers isn't a bad thing. It is basically my main class and it's very frustrating when i can't play it.

I thought deadtalk was still on? Bring it back!  For a casual server it makes sense.

Killstreak tracking would be a nice bonus, but i'm not personally bothered.
Kaibz
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Personally i just can not stand alltalk, i think it just kills teamplay when people use mic to communicate about the strategy/ubers/spys, but i realize i must be the only one thinking that as people seem to enjoy it.
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Another vote for dead talk. I see no downsides to it being enabled and a few upsides.

I'd have no problem with a killstreak type plugin being used on the server. Doubt I'd ever get a high enough number though  Laughing

Kaibz wrote (View Post):
Personally i just can not stand alltalk, i think it just kills teamplay when people use mic to communicate about the strategy/ubers/spys, but i realize i must be the only one thinking that as people seem to enjoy it.

Personally, I prefer all talk being off for team-play reasons. I realise THG is a pretty laid-back server (which is definitely a good thing), but we also have a large amount of decently skilled players and I think the games are better when there's strategy used. I find myself talking less in-game regarding tactics when I know the other team can hear it.
JoshSpeed
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 3
estonia.png

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Can we put all talk on a vote system ? Toggle with the chance to change it with a !Alltalk on the server?

Also shave Davs legs.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
kris
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

well, alltalk is already only enabled by admins creating a vote, so i dont' see any issue here.
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Might be an idea to have some set days for when alltalk is enabled, such as friday nights and the weekend when people have more likely had a few drinks and are playing a bit less seriously.

Quote:
Deadtalk : thought we had this one once  but after some debating got turned off ? , i have no problem with this as i die alot  Shocked

Don't remember if we had a specific plugin for it before, but I vaguely remember something similar to what we have now being turned off because some thought you shouldn't be able to give info to your team when dead. But that got turned back on a good long while ago. It's just a shame the built in version doesn't allow cross team talk unless both are dead. Guess Valve feel it's a way to stop verbal abuse from angry dead players. But that's never going to be a problem on our server.
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:33 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

def would like to see dead talk, it is a pain having to wait til you spawn to greet a player joining on the opposite team, or say n1 as precizion pointed out.

killstreak thing i havent seen but am willing to try that  Smile

all talk i like, but i certainly understand it makes tactical playing harder to do - i dont mind either way on that, maybe a couple of nights with it on and the rest off would work as precizion suggested?  

and class limits maybe up the solly and demo to 4, and scout to 3? guess it is just a case of trial and error, things can always be changed again. would be a bit wary of have 3 spies and snipers though......
---------------------------------------------------------
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

thanks carlos, your help is much appreciated  Very Happy  Very Happy
Hemsk
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

This is probably a crazy idea but could we turn on halloween mode on the server? Basically it would just mean people could use their funky halloween/full moon stuff all the time (if they wanted to).

from the wiki :-

Halloween mode is a server mode which enables Full Moon and enables spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann, MONOCULUS, and Merasmus. Halloween mode is automatically enabled during yearly Halloween events taking place for roughly 2 weeks at the end of October. It can manually be enabled on servers by using the setting tf_forced_holiday 2 in the server.cfg file.

Changes

Players are allowed to equip Full Moon/Halloween restricted items.
When a player taunts, they may do the Thriller taunt at random.
Forum Rules
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Since the other Valve beta map, Asteroid, is getting an art pass, it might be an idea to get that up on the server now. Would be good to get Goldrock added to the nomination menu as well.
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Precizion wrote (View Post):
Since the other Valve beta map, Asteroid, is getting an art pass, it might be an idea to get that up on the server now. Would be good to get Goldrock added to the nomination menu as well.

i havent seen asteroid yet........ Sad
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

We tried asteroid, this is one of the worst map of TF2, none of the teams won, and we had to rtv it.
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:30 am Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Had far less updated texturing than I expected as well.

Might be an idea to finally get rid of Junction as well. Nearly half the server left just at the thought of playing that next.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: General THG #1 Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

Junction and asteroid now taken off  Wink
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: