Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 21 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 5 Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 42 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Fareseed View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 6 Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm
JoePinball View latest post

TF2 IPs For Our TF2 Server / Updated 11.02.2015

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> News & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: No icon TF2 IPs For Our TF2 Server / Updated 11.02.2015 Reply with quote

TF2 Server IPs Updated: 11.02.2015

tf1.triggerhappygamers.com tf2 #1 Or 87.98.254.85:27015
tf2.triggerhappygamers.com tf2 #2  Or 87.98.254.85:27025
tf3.triggerhappygamers.com  tf2 #3

If the servers are not there "or do not show when using the domain link! then use the IP address please add the Ips as above.....

This is all now working as it should!........

Last edited by binksy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am; edited 8 times in total
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IPS Incoming for #1 and #3 TF2 Servers / ASAP Reply with quote

This will be going ahead asap i have give the host the signal ;)

We should have the old ips for at least a few days along side the new ones Wink.. I will keep you all updated and try to get it all sorted smooth and fast Smile
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IPS Incoming for #1 and #3 TF2 Servers / ASAP Reply with quote

Update! I have a new ip for #1 however! not #3 as they have said that it was only giving to us on that network due to the doss and issues we had!, which will not happen on this new 1 so they say.

So basically we will only have the #1 NEW ip but we do have another little server to use for #3 after we have sorted #1 out. As currently the ip they give us has a none default port of 27095 which I have asked them to change for us! to the default port.

Before I give you all the NEW ip I am waiting on a reply to see if they are going to do this.

Today/tomorrow #1 tf2 will have a new IP no matter what, so get ready to refresh your favs and spread the word, via steam friends and announcements :)

Remember tf1.triggerhappygamers.com will find our server no matter what port it has Wink so when it disappears spread the word and re add server Wink..
Schaap
Admin+
Admin+

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IPS Incoming for #1 and #3 TF2 Servers / ASAP Reply with quote

DNS propagation can take some time. So if you change the ip address that tf1.triggerhappygamers.com is pointing to, it won't instantly work for most people. It depends on how long the time-to-live (TTL) is set to mostly.

A trick you can do, if you manage your own DNS records, is that you can change the TTL to a very low setting when you know there's a change coming. You have to do this well in advance (48 hours should be good). So by the time you want to change the IP address, the low TTL of the DNS record has propagated to all the DNS servers our players use. Then change the IP address, which should now propagate quickly because all DNS servers now know they have to look up the IP address for this DNS records frequently, and afterward change the TTL back to a sensible setting.

I'm sure there's a name for this but for the life of me I can't remember right now.

Anyway, if you google 'dns propagation change ttl' you get the gist of it.
---------------------------------------------------------

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Isaac Asimov
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IPS Incoming for #1 and #3 TF2 Servers / ASAP Reply with quote

Did you see this in the new patch?

Quote:
Added the server command "sv_setsteamaccount" for logging in with a persistent game server account using a login token. Login tokens may be acquired via the IGameServersService/CreateAccount web API. Using a login token is not required to run a game server, but allows Steam users to continue to access your game server from their favorites list if your game server changes IP in the future.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IPS Incoming for #1 and #3 TF2 Servers / ASAP Reply with quote

Precizion wrote (View Post):
Did you see this in the new patch?

Quote:
Added the server command "sv_setsteamaccount" for logging in with a persistent game server account using a login token. Login tokens may be acquired via the IGameServersService/CreateAccount web API. Using a login token is not required to run a game server, but allows Steam users to continue to access your game server from their favorites list if your game server changes IP in the future.

Iv been trying to figure out how to create an account?? lol

EDIT our new TF2 #1 ip is: 87.98.254.85:27015 or tf1.triggerhappygamers.com please spread the word steam and forums Wink

Binksy

Last edited by binksy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IP Incoming for #1 TF2 Server / Updated... Reply with quote

We know have our new dedicated ip, so i am updating all posts regarding this please spread the word all...

It is 87.98.254.85:27015 and when the DNS is updated tf1.triggerhappygamers.com should work

Last edited by binksy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IP Incoming for #1 TF2 Server / Updated... Reply with quote

I think i have updated everything regarding the ip change! and the new server..

Added it on the old servers hostname too whilst its still up,

Go add the new server and give it a whirl any issues let me know. We will have to wait till all the custom maps are re uploaded but all the rest of the files should be intact Wink
kris
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IP Incoming for #1 TF2 Server / Updated... Reply with quote

The default TTL and refresh intervals on the triggerhappygamers.com domain are set to 1 day Neutral would be worth making sure this is set to somethign lower like 3600 (60 minutes)
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: NEW TF2 IP Incoming for #1 TF2 Server / Updated... Reply with quote

Almost missed this. its set to default m8, 4hrs I think 14400 I believe without looking.

Does that have effect on the tf1.triggerhappyagames.com with the main domain triggerhappygamers.com ttl being higher? Anyway i did change it lower at the time or way before, so should all be good now Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  News & Announcements All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: