Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 7 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 am
Inferiorum View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
HLstatsX - Stats Resets!- Last reset 1-11-2017 - Updated. Servers binksy 13 Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 pm
binksy View latest post
Pyro limit Team Fortress 2 HiMom 8 Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 pm
olshi View latest post
Server replays Team Fortress 2 asmila 0 Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm
asmila View latest post
The Pyro Menace Team Fortress 2 Huwajux 2 Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:20 pm
asmila View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 15 Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Map to add to the servers. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 9 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 am
DaV View latest post
Warning about one of the new Jungle Inferno maps. Servers Fareseed 0 Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Hiya! Introductions TerraTigris 2 Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:00 pm
DaV View latest post

Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game! -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobiesnax
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 3
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 pm Post subject: No icon Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

The game update for PC is now live. Please read down below for change notes.

We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcode”.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

SOURCE:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770534426141/
---------------------------------------------------------
scoobiesnax
Server Admin
Server Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

Not sure what size it is as I'm currently at work.  Also getting reports from the official forums that the 'netcode' has got WORSE!!! Sad
BATMichael
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 2
germany.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

scoobiesnax wrote (View Post):
Also getting reports from the official forums that the 'netcode' has got WORSE!!! Sad

Hip hip horay.........  Confused

scoobiesnax
Server Admin
Server Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

Supposedly 900mb patch.
BATMichael
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 2
germany.png

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

Lol I wait for the next patch, tbh I played today 2 rounds I had to shot 2 clips into an enemy and he still killed me with 75% hp with 1 shot... I even got hit indication on the enemy. The netcode went totally worse now, it was better the patch before. Also new revivebug.. you get revieved and can press space to stay alaive or left mouse to die, if you press space and stay alive, then you have the Revivebar shown until your next death..

Also if you got a SLI or crossfiresystem you get a flashing screen...

tbh if it goes that way I play BF3 until they really fix it  :(

[Watch On YouTube]

This Video shows how I died many times... seemed to me like 1 shots... and I also got the bug that I hitted for sure an enemy but he still has 100 hp...
Also the one kill as he was reloading, happen to me many times...
It was fixed a bit after they patched the 1 hit bug but the last patch made it even worse than that and I also noticed sometimes I dont even shot close to a enemy he gets killed by me 1 shot so atm the netcode is totally fail....

Last edited by BATMichael on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
M4tt_W4les
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

BATMichael wrote (View Post):
Lol I wait for the next patch, tbh I played today 2 rounds I had to shoot 2 clips into an enemy and he still killed me with 75% hp with 1 shot... I even got hit indication on the enemy. the netcode went totally worse now it was better the patch before. Also new revivebug.. you get revieved and can press space to stay alaive or left mouse to die, if you press space and stay alive, then you have the Revivebar shown until your next death..

Also if you got a SLI or crossfiresystem you get a flashing screen...

tbh if it goes that way I play BF3 until they really fix it  Sad

Amen to this bro.

My game has always generally played quite well. I had a spell of rare crashes but managed to quickly sort those with a few config tweaks. My game was generally OK, apart from the usual "oh my god i feel i should of got that kill" type moments that we've all grown to accept.

BUT - since latest patch, those trade-kills, and moments where you think you've definatly got the jump on your enemy but still end up dead - well those moments have got a LOT more noticeably in this latest patch. I feel like i'm punished for having a ping below 15. Somehow a low ping is now a bad thing in this game.

Add to this problem - I'm now having huge FPS drops. Last around 10 seconds in most maps. Was really bad this afternoon - not so bad this evening.

It seems with one patch they fix 50% of things for some, but cause 50% more errors for others. It's really shocking. Never known a game to have such a bad launch (and subsequent weeks!)

I'm gonna stick it out and see how it improves, otherwise I'll see you in BF3 Michael Smile
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 13
ireland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

worst bf ever cba buying playing bf games till netcode will be user sider or at least barable like in cs . they brake more stuff then they fix . crossfire sli broken after this update and other stuff to
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Client update for BF4 16th Dec 2013 Reply with quote

Interesting...  Laughing http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2013/dec/20/ea-battlefield-4-lawsuit
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game! ->  Battlefield All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: