Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 21 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Fareseed View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 42 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Fareseed View latest post

THG #1 down

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:38 pm Post subject: No icon THG #1 down Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that #1 is down for about 5 hours already, I don't know if it's planned downtime from the server provider or not but the admin panel says that the server is still online (eventhough it's obviously not) so I tried to restart it which obviously didn't help. I made Bungle aware of this but I figured I'd put this here as well, so others (and especially binksy) could read it as well Smile

EDIT:
The whole server is down, it's not some tf2 service problem

Pinging 193.35.58.43 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Destination host unreachable.
Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
MrBungle
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 22
norway.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

Mmh, I looked into it but couldn't find a way to fix it, and I don't have the info needed to file complaint with the host.. Binksy, slate, druid?
---------------------------------------------------------
Now with 96% more red

Remember: If all else fails, blame Bungle DaV oh01 DaV!
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

I have opened a ticket with the host, hopefully be up soon sucks...

I have also took the password off the old server! 193.35.58.22:21  for now, just so its somewhere for you to play, encase the main server is still down :<>
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

Reply from host
Quote:
Just looked into this and it seems a DDoS was aimed at 193.35.58.43 and the IP was nulled at our upstream network providers for 24 hours to stop the attack.
:<>...

I Think we will have to use our other server for the night, and maybe keep the pass off it to allow randoms from here on, its suplied by the host since we have owned the 1, its come in handy for now..

Hopefully its a 1 off attack or issue...

Spread the word via steam please "someone" with the other ip details! as a back up, until the other IP is fixed Wink
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

so 24 hours gone and the server is still down Sad
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

Yeah i did ask yesterday, whats going on and was told they have not released it yet.

Quote:

Hitting dead ends with this today, normally they're done when I ask but it's not been done yet.

Still chasing it up now, hopefully will be done soon.

I am making a ticket now. In the mean time i am going to update server #5, move all the new maps over, that were added to the #1 a while back also update the plugins.

Spread the word shouldn't be a major issue. How did the #5 play last night?

I will keep chasing the host as well as they will chase the data center for the ip to be re enabled with this kinda issue there is little we can do. Rolling Eyes

We have been dossed Twisted Evil  many times weather its aimed at us or another community or the host! or just that ip random. There is very little! we or anyone can do! this prob is the best solution else it would be a very laggy server.

We have so many great regs and members we fill a server with ease these days! no matter what IP it is huh so if we are the target fu lol.

Rolling Eyes  Arrow  Idea  Twisted Evil

I will get back to you when i am updated Wink
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

#5 was ok, still had a few laggy bits but i think that will happen anywhere.  we have great regs anyway so switching servers isnt hard.  glad you put some of the other maps on though, that was the one thing that was missing.  hope they arent charging us for a server we dont actually have at the moment..........
---------------------------------------------------------
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

Well unfortunately this happened again, "#1 is down! the IP has been mitigated or just stopped to track/stop the ddoss attacks within that range or something like that lol..

Well its not really funny since its always at the time we want to play! i have told the host "nitrous networks" this is not any good to us, They have promised it will get better.

They will be able to manage the ddoss attacks "faster" within the next couple of mths as there datacenter/network is being made atm. This would give them much more control over ddoss and they would be able to handle it faster than they currently can.

Anyway i am debating getting us another hosted server in the mean time or perm "depending on price/performance"

#5 happened to work ok last night! its a fairly good backup for #1 atm, hosted by the same host as #1 but on a different IP range! so shouldn't get the ddoss as much i guess...

Leave it with me ill chat with some of you and see what we think is best..

For now use #5 if #1 is bad "when its back up" Rolling Eyes  :wink:

EDIT:
Host give me this link to there progress of there own datacenter
http://nitrous-networks.co.uk/blog/post/5407360/Breaking-News-Data-Centre-Build

When that's complete they will be allot better! and the attacks will be dealt with allot faster and stopped more permanently.. This is still 2mths or so down the line though.. In the mean time they are trying there best. Can't promise it will be fixed but the ip has been "nulled" again temp.

We should probable debate getting us another alternative server/host "especially if #5 proves to be as bad" we can always give the current host another look later.

Our #1 is due to come back online soon! #5 is a close clone! has the custom maps etc, so play there if #1 is not up or lags bad..
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG #1 down Reply with quote

Well #1 is back up! and the host has announced they are stopping GMOD servers which are the cause to all/most of the ddoss attacks which effect our server #1... This doesn't mean it will be 100% fixed but its worth a shot, Meaning i am thinking of trialing it, at the same time I'm thinking of getting us a new server to take over it! it has to be of a reasonable price and have full access unlike Multiplay did! which is where i would have like to go however they didn't support half of what we have, like sourcebans, database etc, cfg files have to be edited by them most of them! without a major mission and loads of tickets its a nightmare.

We have used gameservers.com "current #2/4 with odd routing issues at times" there are a good few left i am going to have a look around in the meantime give #1 a bash if and when it plays up try #5.

If all fails i will get us a backup. Again i will say it as i believe it! "No server is 100% lagg free at all times"..

EDIT: Apparently #1 node was still being attacked! so they have banned the gmod server in question now rather than waiting for there contract to end!  Now up and running fine again ATM..

#5 seems to run ok to more often than #1. We could try a different node for #1 which would prob mean an IP change new box etc and may or may not fix our issues this would be the last chance with this host. i have already began to look for a new 1 Wink
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: