Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 28 Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 pm
DaV View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:45 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm
asmila View latest post

Need advice about a player

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Banned?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonpa

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 am Post subject: No icon Need advice about a player Reply with quote

Attention, I'm french, so my english... well, you know the story...

The story takes place on the "arena" server.

Hello,

I don't know how to react or what to do. I'm not the best person to judge the "harassment", because I'm hypersensitive and sometimes I overreacting.

There is a player, called "DeRueX is cfg in" (currently) that I feel deeply annoying. Let me explain.

Look at his chat history: http://thg.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/6189

I'm talking about yesterday, between 19 Jul 2013 16:23:57 and 19 Jul 2013 23:34:30:

• He wrote 520 lines
  • He said 10 times the word: "faggot"
  • He said 92 times: "fgt" (and 76 times "fgt dwn")
  • He said 35 times the word: "fag"
  • He said 18 times : "shit", not often against him, more: "you fucking faggot piece of shit" "bah that faggot piece of shit engi" "shitty faggot"

He said, "fgt dwn xD" when he killed someone he did not like. Me, an another player, and as I see it in his chat history, certainly against one or two other people.

I asked him what he had against me (Pikini Mikini, it's me):
Quote:

DeRueX is cfg in 19 Jul 2013 20:51:29 this figt
DeRueX is cfg in 19 Jul 2013 20:51:52 shitty faggot
DeRueX is cfg in 19 Jul 2013 20:51:55 youll get fucked now
Pikini Mikini 19 Jul 2013 20:51:58 Why so rude?
DeRueX is cfg in 19 Jul 2013 20:52:03 why so mini sentry fag
Pikini Mikini 19 Jul 2013 20:59:15 you are ridiculous

The problem is that I played engineer at this time. If you read the chat history, you will see he does not like a lot of class. Please note that I left the server quickly, he continued to attack other players, as shown in the chat history, it's not just a problem with me.

But there is another explanation for his behavior. He comes on the server with three or four friends, they say nothing, or almost nothing to complain about. I think he wants to be "smart" (I don't know the word in english, it's ironic "le mâlin" in french) in front of them, like animals.

He created another problem. With his friends, they met in the same team at the beginning of each map, it was obviously unplayable because they are good (medic quickfix that heals two scouts), but hey, never mind, it was a challenge for me, before automatic scramble, which came very quickly. But after the scramble, they have avoided killing each other (they hided and waited) then do the idiots on the capture point while the others waited. I left (as some others regulars) because there was nothing to do. Never use !votekick when a group of friends are on the server. Well again, I do not want to complain about this problem, it often happens and I just leave without saying anything, they want to have fun with friends.

I love statistics, between 4 Jul 2013 16:40:45 and 14 Jul 2013 16:49:30 (none of his words did for me, so it's not just a problem WITH ME):

• He wrote 1322 lines
  • He said 15 times: "f4gg0t", 32 times "faggot", 3 times "fgt"
  • He said 7 times some things on "Jew"
  • He said 147 times: "nerd", 123 times "cya nerd (°^°)/", it's an insult? If not, it fits perfectly in the "harassment" case.
  • He said 53 times: "fag"

Voilà, maybe my reaction is exaggerated, but for me, his behavior is emotionally abusive to some people. TF2 does not offer a function to ignore the texts of one person.

Said me only if I'm right or if I should go into therapy.

For transparency, my chat history: http://thg.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/2091
When someone attacks me, I'm trying to be ironic (well, okay, sarcastic too, but I quickly stop!) and joking with the person, sometimes it works and the person stops. I have no excuse for the "NO FUCKING DISPENSER?" against an engineer who forgot all the time to build a dispenser, it was during the fury of "DeRueX is cfg in" and early (unplayable) map.

Again, I'm sorry for my english...
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

Hi Zonpa.

I've had a look at his chat history and you're right, it is ridiculous and won't be tolerated on THG. I've banned him permanently from all THG servers.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. In the future feel free to send me a message on steam (I've sent you a friend invite) if you're on and there are abusive players on. Unfortunately #2 doesn't have admins connected as often as the other servers.
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

Hello Zonpa, thanks for bringing this up on forum. We definately do not encourage any behavior like this so I gave him temporaly ban for few days. It seems like it's just some script after every kill, so I'll give him chance to turn it off after the ban expires. If there will be no change, he'll get perma ban.

On the other hand if other admins find this solution too mild, the ban might be extended into permanent without any warning Smile
Thanks for the report!  Wink

EDIT: oh damn you, DaV.. Very Happy At least there you have it, it's perma now Smile
Zonpa

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

Thank you!

And thanks DaV for the invitation.
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

No problem.

If he's willing to come to the forums and to apologise for his actions (I see he's an active player), he may receive a second chance. (We're a nice community)
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Zonpa

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

He made an another account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198099191581
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:69462926
http://thg.gameme.com/playerinfo/373955

He welcomed me with:
22 Jul 2013 14:06:17 oh look
22 Jul 2013 14:06:21 its fagini shitini

Well, it's because it's summer? The arena server needs some authority.
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

I gave him another perma, also added you on steam.
Zonpa

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Need advice about a player Reply with quote

Thanks.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Banned? All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: