Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
germany.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 am Post subject: No icon Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Discussion for the Lineup in the Highlander match vs HH

Signed up Player can be found here: http://triggerhappygamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=37422#37422

Post your Suggestions!

I will consider every suggestions and then discuss the final lineup with the help of Precizion.

I want to say beforehand that no one should feel offended in any way (as it will be nothing personal) if he doesn't make it in the final lineup and would very much appreciate everyone to still stick around incase we need a backup.
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

germany.png

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

My suggestion based on current signups

Scout: slate
Soldier: Precizion
Pyro: Jack
Demoman:
Heavy:
Engy: Wogstar
Medic:
Sniper: Aras
Spy: Bear

Not really sure about the other classes.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Looks good to me slate. We can always look for another match after this 1 if many are still interested we also might get to play HH again after we beat them "High Hopes"  Wink

We need as many backups as possible encase timeouts or 1 or 2 don't turn up up etc or other reasons so keep up the interest all :)

If you can not make it! or want to play this match or others after this! be sure to say in this thread http://www.triggerhappygamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=37422#37422

Last edited by binksy on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

binksy wrote (View Post):
Looks good to me slate. We need all our best players "that apply" for that class having the hot seat

I wouldn't be entirely happy about this, as I've made it clear from the start the teams will not be the best of the best, they will be of mixed ability. We're doing first come first served - the first nine eligible players who signup get to play, and even if we have the best competitive player in the world signing up 10th, he still has to be a backup. Just the same as if we were doing an internal highlander match.

I'm not saying you need to do it the same way, but it's not in either of our best interests for it to be a completely unbalanced match.
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Sam wrote (View Post):
binksy wrote (View Post):
Looks good to me slate. We need all our best players "that apply" for that class having the hot seat

I wouldn't be entirely happy about this, as I've made it clear from the start the teams will not be the best of the best, they will be of mixed ability. We're doing first come first served - the first nine eligible players who signup get to play, and even if we have the best competitive player in the world signing up 10th, he still has to be a backup. Just the same as if we were doing an internal highlander match.

I'm not saying you need to do it the same way, but it's not in either of our best interests for it to be a completely unbalanced match.

I'd agree with that, the match will be more fun if it's a fair fight rather than a steamroll. Having said that though, it seems to be that the the line-up that's listed at the top of the page is pretty much a first come first served lineup from the other thread.

I'm not responsible for choosing the final line-up however so it's not my call.

PS. Slate, I'm still available for Medic if required, but I'm willing to step aside to let Salith play because he's actually in THG, and did actually sign up first.  Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

lol sam is it not called a showdown ?
do you not have players that want to crush us! lol ?..

Anyway fair play but the line up so far is the 1st come 1st served players that applied to play this! as you can see. I have since edited my post and will try to keep it fair "even thoe I am not organising this" and the thread was "add your suggestions here" but again if we get steam rolled we won't be happy.

As that's basically what your saying its a match lets just have fun with it Razz. But seriously the line up so far is from those that applied 1st I was merely saying use the best for that class which I think is ok but I do get your point m8 ok?  Cool  Rolling Eyes
Sam
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

My post was in response to yours Binksy, I hadn't looked at the lineup. I just didn't want either of us to have the wrong idea about what kind of match this would be Smile
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 13
ireland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

might not able to make it to match due to circumstances , will see how it goes
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Scout: Gates
Soldier: carlos
Pyro: Jack
Demoman: Precizion
Heavy: Dav
Engy: Wogstar
Medic: Salith
Sniper: slate
Spy: Bear

Backup: Chu, abbe, christophe

Maybe swap around carlos/dav, whoever is more confident with heavy (heavy will be important in this).

what do you think? If shit hits the fan, we can still swap around before or mid-game.
Forum Rules
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

is it cool with everyone especially precizion if me and him switch as I am aware he is a scary scout, just looking at most preferred classes, if not that's fine
---------------------------------------------------------
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Looking at the current line up:-

Both gates and prez are good demos.

I recall Wogstar being a good heavy. Not sure what he enjoys playing right now Smile. I have seen Dav play solly and engy a fair bit so I would think about swapping Dav and Wogstar if they agree of course.

The whole thing is gonna be about supporting the heavy-medic-engy while Bear gets some critical backstabs Very Happy.
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

I think engy/spy/pyro pretty much have the best players we can get for the job on THG.

It is the rest I'm having a hard time with.

something to keep in mind:

leaving out the Medic, Heavy will probably be the most important "main force" in this scenario closely followed by the demo.
We all know the case with the Heavy on pubs, he just is very strong...although there is less players now, it will probably be a little harder than on your avg. pub as they will most likely focus fire and dont come in one by one. You will have to make sure you do not overextend and are present to defend our medic.

Demo is by no means easy to play in this setting, you will not have a medic backing you up 24/7 as the heavy will me sucking up the majority of the heals. The demo will have to dish out the majority of the damage, him and the heavy are the only classes with the firepower to take on their heavy+medic face to face. while doing all that staying alive is really important, with the demo down the enemy has no fear of dying instantly when turning a corner.

well, not saying that i think people are not fit for the job, but this is just something to keep in mind when thinking about the lineup, playing demo on dustbowl defense with 3 kritz medics is nothing like a organised highlander match.
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

oh you mean don't play demo who sticky jumps right over the enemy does a little aerial bombardment, dies then goes for a kritzkrieg and gets glory kills? yep I can do that lol, I can play sensible non-reckless demo like hiding stickies in the floor on granary mid or in the rocks on badlands or on gravelpit final just above the B door and det them to separate medic and ubered player.  just on pubs who cares really it's about the fun, this is about hats lol and I'd just like the best chance. my scout isn't too shabby though and they are equally op, but I do like in matches to go for medic kills as scout as tbh it's fun. thaand taking out the opposing scout and controlling the flanks. in a 6v6 scout is a devastating tool of destruction in a 9v9 could be interesting to see if he is still a powerhouse.
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Highlander Match vs HH - Lineup discussion Reply with quote

Yea just wanted to get that out, so people have an idea what to expect. As I can't really "judge" you guys sufficiently to be able tell how you'd do in a highlander setting.

Anyways we're putting this up to have a rough idea who will play, nothing is stopping us from completly chaning everything before or even during the game.

So get to suggesting.
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: