Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 40 Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
zapo View latest post
Hello there Introductions esemesas 6 Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
another hidden talent on the server Team Fortress 2 aerynsun 1 Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
Hey Hey Introductions Rayman 5 Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:22 am
Derfy View latest post
You were good son, real good, maybe even the best... Team Fortress 2 Gilly 1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:56 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 47 Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Fareseed View latest post
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Secret Hitler, 19th Jan at 8pm Any Game! Heimerdinger 4 Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
aerynsun View latest post

Recent, strange lag #1 - Working with host to get it fixed:(
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 pm Post subject: No icon Recent, strange lag #1 - Working with host to get it fixed:( Reply with quote

Right since the last thread about this was way out of control lets try to make this a bit better!

Ok we have had allot of lag on our main #1 server so we have since purchased a new server known as THG #3. This server is a back up and possible replacement for the #1 server which had and has lagg we are not sure why but we are trying to get it resolved.

The new server happened to have issues when we got it so we are also waiting on that to be fixed too..

Today there was a big attack ddoss attack on London data centre I was told this of the new host! but the old hold host AKA #1 server is located in that same data centre.. Not sure how many times this has happened but it deffo happened today and when we was getting the servers going #1 was lagging so we went to #3 which also had the lagg. So this was a ddoss attack and should be resolved now..

Both servers have been played with and both should run good! all depending on the network! lets try them out..

Please keep this thread respectable we know there is lag issues we want to fix them fast..

Binksy

Last edited by binksy on Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 11 times in total
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info on our servers - R Reply with quote

Server #3 has been moved to a new box as they could not fix the resource/SV issues

The new new #3 IP: 217.163.10.184:27015

Delete the other IP and add this new means i have to change all links and update all the stuff again :< sucks but was the only way to fix it!

NOTE: get donating so we can keep them all else it won't last long as always, We can make something good with this new server if we can continue to reach our donation goal and fill our main server up we could look to run a mod or just something different!

Also #1 is fixed or it was yesterday but yet no1 is joining it? sort yah heads out Laughing heres us fixing and working ass's off and your sitting on yours. go play and warm the server/s up Wink
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

yeah I was on server 1 for about 3hrs yesterday amd had no issues at all, not even slight lag. map changing also seemed improved from before too. all in all a success it seems.
---------------------------------------------------------
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Lets hope all is well today should be!

Another NOTE! I will be resetting the HLstatsX on #1 end of this month and they will move to http://www.triggerhappygamers.com/gameme with the other stats for all our servers!  Wink
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Do we still need this #3 server?
are we wasting our money?
Is the #1 server running ok now ?

I just say this as we can claim the money back for #3 and just keep the new stats domain saving us over £20 A MTH

If we get further issues I will get it back again fast! and we can then look to move completely but if its fixed then as most would agree we struggle to fill the 1/2 servers up so it would make sense right now..

Let us know what you think...
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Link
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 3
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Yeah in my opinion the new server is a bit redundant at the moment... It seems that even if the main server is full people rather queue to that than join the empty extra server.

I haven't noticed much of the previous problems at all recently. And if it's quick and easy to get it back in case the other do fall apart again I don't see why you should keep it now.

"Thanks for standing still!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Schaap
Admin+
Admin+

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Just played a few hours on THG #1 (with a pause in between), and in this period I had two short periods of lag. I checked if it was just me or everyone, and both times it affected more people than just me.

That said, they were just 2 short periods of lag over the course of several hours of playing. That's way better than what we had the last few weeks on server #1. Also, I think a bit of lag now and then is to be expected on most TF2 servers. So no biggie, in my opinion THG #1 seems good at the moment.

A #3 server doesn't add much for me. I just want to play with regulars anyway, and am ok with waiting in a queue for a bit. Gives me a chance to catch up on my inventory Wink

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Isaac Asimov
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 5
poland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: 5, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Played ~2 hours yesterday and I'm worried. First map was ok but the following 1-1,5h was a horror - 150 ping and I wasn't downloading anything (to be clear - I never download while playing TF2). On the old server my ping reached 70~ and it was normal and acceptable. I don't know what is the problem now, recently I haven't played TF frequently so maybe this was one time problem since I couldn't check this thoroughly. I HOPE SO

What caught my attention too was a guy (don't remember name) with 200 ping. Dunno whether it was the same issue as mine tho
"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=789443269
Antisankari
Forum Master
Forum Master

votes: 2
finland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Depends
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Drop #3, get it back again if we have to
All you need is my uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 13
ireland.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

latency is nothing to do with server gary is your routing problems
Forum Rules
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 13
ireland.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

18:17 Saturday Sv goes to red and var goes to red causing server pause for a second (lag)
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Yeah it went again twice this evening.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Hey all just got home and ill reply to the ticket i have with the host! and ask them to read here and what is the lag!

Does it give all players high pings for them secs/min lag ? is it totally ok after them secs/min lag ? not sure if this can help them also might be the SM or a plugin so we might have to try with nothing see if that still does is..

Keep us updated but make sure its server lagg not network if the pings go up its usually network based and happens :< but never lasts long. I have seen it on many other servers worse than we get at times so nothing really that bad! explain the lagg what happens before after when it happens :)

Will make them aware now..

Time for food....
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

Pings were all fine throughout. Was a real stop-start type of lag (unlike the delay you get from high pings) that everyone experienced and that felt more like a resource problem on the server rather than a network one. Also, during one spell we used rtv and, after the new map loaded, everything seemed fine again (until a map or two later when it came back), which may also point to it being a problem with the actual box.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Recent, strange lag & latest info - Read #3 IP UPDAT Reply with quote

I went on twice this afternoon and it was like it, i think what aras meant is the lag is only for a split second but though out the afternoon into the evening  ie i fire a rocket it gets stuck in my barrel for a second by then ive missed and im pro lol ( before someone goes down that road Smile )

server was a bit like Morse code . . . . _______ .... ________

hope this helps Sad
Forum Rules
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: