Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 21 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Fareseed View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 42 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Fareseed View latest post

Dragonage 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:58 pm Post subject: No icon Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Looks awesome.... A cross between KOTOR, mass effect 2 with the dragonage theme.

Out on the 11th March
---------------------------------------------------------
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

votes: 34
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Tried the demo, played it for 15 minutes, quit and went to cancel my preorder. So... not impressed Razz I really hope it's just a bad demo, but damn it was boring! Also really simple and not fun at all Sad Before the demo I kept thinking that the guys who are saying that they've ruined it by simplifying things too much are just being picky, and now I'm one of them  Shocked
Is bungle the same as juggle?
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 5
poland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: 5, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

I hope it gets more challenging and strategic. In the demo, as well as in DA:A, I could freely move my main character without worrying about others, throwing my ultra-hiper-mega abilities and doing genocide
"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=789443269
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

For me the demo in DX11 was pretty much broken, just black artifacts all over the place fps going up and down all the time, DX9 it ran smooth as butter but yeah didn't finish it just wasn't fun, I'm not sure if i wanted another Oblivion just didn't enjoy the demo. I don't know if it says anything of Bioware but I was in the recent December Beta test of The Old Republic I hope this doesn't break the NDA but I don't have a pre-order and won't have one at any point. (got me a £25 Amazon gift voucher out of it so can't complain too much)
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Heavy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to it, the demo was kind of what I expected of it and it was a bit back and forward with the difficulty (the very first fight is supposed to be super easy), two of my characters actually died (or downed) in two different battles when I didn't care at all. But I might just increase the difficulty for the full game to get that old DA:O feeling. Wink

I will miss the more extensive dialog choices, even if no voice for your character was weird in the beginning, it grew on you as you got more and more interesting dialog options. The change for the Mass Effect system is... both good and bad, but I'm sure it will be alright in the end.

One thing that surprised me with the demo were how incredibly ugly the environment were, and how bad the performance was with the ugly environment. The City section looked better, but the outdoor section were a serious downturn.

This will also be the first game in 3 years that I will pirate (and finish) until the price go down, just because Bioware and EA are dicks and didn't offer the Signature Edition to Steam users...

Feel free to add me to your Steam friends list.
Or BF3? Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Yeah the signiture edition thing sucks balls.

I think the game is going to be a step in the right direction for the series. The old rpg style is just too outdated. The game takes place over 10 years so your choices are meant to be magnified. Apparently there is some mage boy who you have the choice of severing from the fade or not, with the results being either a malforum (thingy), an ally or a retarded person who is ever present outside your residence.

Im hoping the gear will be much more thought through. Sometimes the loot dropped in DA:O from tough bosses was just "meh". If you take down the dragon/dark lord you expect some bad ass loot from it. The armour in DA:O was also a little meh and it didnt really work that well.

Rogues were a real nightmare in DA:O. Horrendously underpowered until you got them properly specced out in which case they became killing machines. In most cases I would just keep an archer around for boxes until I had enough good loot to spec out an assassin.

k
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

poland.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

kLoWn wrote (View Post):
I think the game is going to be a step in the right direction for the series. The old rpg style is just too outdated.

Are you serious? Well what a strange world I'm living in, praising an RPG that is un-RPG-ed...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dragon-age-ii

thank you, not falling for this.
"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=789443269
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Well I havent seen the story or maps yet but it looks grim if those reviews are to be believed. But I think I will play it and make my own mind up....

What I was saying before is that the action-rpg style is a step in the right direction for rpgs. The success of Mass Effect2 showed this. If the continued to make classic rpgs it would appease the hardcore rpgs but not attract a big enough audience to warrant being made.
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

poland.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

But why making an action rpg out of classic rpg franchise?
And doing it pooooooooooorly to say the least.

In my dictionary it's called "murder".

Sure, make action rpg's. Lots of people seem to enjoy them so it's not my problem. My problem is why the hell change a well received franchise with lots of fans into sth TERRIBLY, TERRIBLY different?

I'm embittered.
Kurt Vonnegut
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

sweden.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:22 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Dragon Age is better than Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect is better than Mass Effect 2.

I'm not sure why they need to oversimplify the controls and UI to this degree, you cannot change the armor for your companions, just buy an upgrade if you find the right shop (although later you will probably find a way to give them a new skin), at least you can give them weapons and rings...

I just feel it suffers from being Mass Effected... Sad

Not to say that it hasn't got its good parts, its just that the really bad ones suck the light out of it so much. I'll be picking it up when the price have gone down a bit. Smile

Or BF3? Smile
Forum Rules
Link
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 3
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

I haven't played the demo so I have no idea how much they've changed it but for me if it's more like Mass Effect it's a good change as I love Mass Effect and wouldn't mind adding it's system to DA =P

"Thanks for standing still!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

sweden.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Honestly the worst thing they have done is add spawning enemies in pretty much EVERY BATTLE. You're doing fine against the first 8 which you started fighting against, you've almost cleared them, but then suddenly 6 more pop up, things are getting kind of sweaty now, all of your heals are on cooldown and then you are rewarded with 4 more enemies...
They do not even try to hide them popping up from thin air, because they will spawn next to you. Any closer and they would be inside you.

I am playing on Hard btw, if I dropped it down to normal it would probably be a walk in the park, but right now I have to really make sure I move my characters all over the screen all the time so the spawns wont rape my archers/casters all the time.

You could get overwhelmed in DA by loads of enemies, but at least you saw ALL of them from the start and could pull some of them at a time if you microed a bit, but this spawning system is just immersion breaking on the highest level.

So two ways you might get away from the spawns are: pull the group then run like hell away from the area (a couple of rooms/50meters should be enough), or try closing a door so they wont see you if they (on the off-chance, mind you) spawn in a aligning room.

Or BF3? Smile
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

poland.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

abbe wrote (View Post):
So two ways you might get away from the spawns are:

1. make a good game
2. see point 1.
Kurt Vonnegut
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

sweden.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah, true that Gary, but the game isn't all bad, same as Dragon Age 1 isn't all good either. Smile

Or BF3? Smile
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Dragonage 2 Reply with quote

Half way through act 2 and I can say:

Negatives: Dungeons are mostly the same. Basically there is a master dungeon and  different parts of it are locked of to give the appearance of a different dungeon. Even though its obvious its not. Drab surrounding area of the city. No travel so some of the epicness of the game is gone. Dragons are a damn sight more common though. The cast of characters are ok, no one is special apart from isabella humour.

Enemies spawning right infront of you. Some fights are 2-3 waves of mobs and you see the second wave just spawn infront of you.. meh... They dont even pretend to run around a corner. The elves have turned into an even bigger buch of sissies.

Romancing companions has as much subtly as using a club and dragging em back to your cave. So even if you telling someone they're a "nice person" if its accompanies with a heart icon its leading to a "sit on my lap" kinda place.

Good: Combat is more satisfying, cross class combos are nice. Rogue class is vastly improved. talent trees and attribute points are better designed. Less time spent micromanaging though you have to on hard fights. Healing takes a back seat in the game allowing more varied teams to be played. Some of the companions abilities are great.. isabellas all hands on deck can wipe out 10+ foes if clustered.

The impact of your choices are magnified in DA:2. So if you forget to do some small thing in act1 it can return with a big slap in the face in act 2. Also there are often multiple "good" dialogue choices, which appear similar but lead to quite different actions of your companions.

Story It has some references to DA:O. but the stories are nothing alike. DA:O is all about the blight and the hero to save the world. DA:2 is singly about your rise to power. So there arnt dead gods to slay or worlds ending.

Overal a good game but its not a sequel to DA:O.. more like a totally different game. Hopefull in DA:3 they add a bit more complexity/rpg"ness into it but I think its a step in the right direction

k
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Any Game! All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: