Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 40 Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:20 pm
Secret Hitler, 19th Jan at 8pm Any Game! Heimerdinger 4 Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am
aerynsun View latest post
Critvote on the fun server Servers asmila 5 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:34 pm
olshi View latest post
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post

Team Fortress 2 Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aolism
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 3
uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta Reply with quote

Probably not worth downloading the beta unless very interested as its huge, but very pleased with the stuff they are trying in it. Some stuff that was very fun:

Medic with quick-fix and scout:
Tried this bungle was medic, I got a whole L3 sentry and a load of guys. THe quickfix is new medigun with 50% faster heal and 50% faster ubercharge. The medic moves the same speed as heal target (if target is faster). Ubercharge makes medic heal targets much faster for 8 seconds (no invuln/kritz). There is no overheal with this medigun leading to complaining from team Wink

Replays:
Like demos, but you can take them retrospectively (ie: after you die, but you did impressive stuff, you can press F6 and the replay of your last life is saved). This also store all info, so you can see yourself and stuff that was happening elsewhere, and you can change view to any player and free view (need to join compatible server). You can also edit your clips to change the view dynamically, like a proper vid. There's quite a large gap about 30 sec to 1 min in this vid you may want to skip:

[Watch On YouTube]

Coaching:
You can coach or request a coach. I got bungle to coach me but I was still rubbish Smile Bungle was surprisingly good at following instructions (move here, defend this etc), needs more options though Smile

Detonator for pyro:
Flare jump by detonating flares, very fun, access better bits of the map

Nice items:
Surprised I got a key, saxton and pile of gifts (which I used Smile )

Offline bots and new training:
Spy bot added and 'expert' bot difficulty (they weren;t that hard), and demo, spy, engi training added.

Quite impressed with beta, who tried it? opinions?

:)
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta Reply with quote

Wait, you get a Key which you can actually use, and keep any items you unlocked with it in normal TF2, too?
Brb, installing beta...
---------------------------------------------------------
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
aolism
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta Reply with quote

they aren't going to fall for that froz, you can only use them in beta Smile

Here are some screenies of the quickfix and replay editor:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578917718775982448/0CEB4A32C1536562113058CA345E68BB2D351041/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578917718775653562/BE82616C501B539D6C2F38201E96BA256EB4B196/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578917718775677231/FC4DF22A362F8418A1A2C0638F6FF79285EAA21B/

Quick vid of a replay I made on TF2 beta, show the new effects etc. The blurry blue thing is me Smile

http://fishflash.co.uk/TF2/testb.html

just added this, multi pov in goldrush, shows the mega heal effect (I'm the medic) and a lot of vis bugs/audio probs that will probly get fixed

http://fishflash.co.uk/TF2/testb11.html

Oh and a recent update, you can call votes and voting is done via F keys and not number keys so you can change weapon etc while a vote is on.

frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 am Post subject: No icon Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta Reply with quote

God, I really can't wait until they implement this replay feature into the actual game. And the Detonator I'm very interested in, too, make a video of that! :3
The only thing I notice is the sound being out-of-sync. Is that a general problem with the replay feature?
And the voting-with-the-F1-keys thing isn't new, they already implemented it like that in L4D. Interesting to see they're gonna implement votes into the game itself now, so SourceMod etc. won't be necessary anymore.
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
Link
THG Member
THG Member

sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta Reply with quote

aolism wrote (View Post):
Oh and a recent update, you can call votes and voting is done via F keys and not number keys so you can change weapon etc while a vote is on.

Fuckin' finally! In TF2 nothing can make me rage as much as a non-executed weapon switch in a heated moment due to the map votes xD
Not only do they usually mean I die but they also make me have to revote to see what I chose and change it if needed.

The replay function sounds fun =) I really liked that in Black Ops.

"Thanks for standing still!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: