Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Lots of Maps, Very Few Played - Monthly Rota? Servers Helmsman2 9 Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:03 am
zapo View latest post
Consider reducing the max player cap to 24 for the servers? Servers bigtimerush 13 Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:36 am
Derfy View latest post
Winter is coming ... new winter map propositions Team Fortress 2 zapo 6 Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 pm
Gilly View latest post
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 58 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Derfy View latest post
Lets talk about the short circuit Servers Rayman 23 Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:25 pm
DaV View latest post
Hello Introductions Jimi 11 Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:24 pm
Jimi View latest post
Nocrits Server Team Fortress 2 hardomat991 1 Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 pm
aerynsun View latest post
How it feels to play demoman Team Fortress 2 Dkz 5 Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 am
aerynsun View latest post

OnLive

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:33 pm Post subject: No icon OnLive Reply with quote

I heard about this sometime ago an thought to share it.
This service is coming to Europe so most of you guys will be able to test it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

OnLive is a cloud computing, gaming-on-demand platform: the games are synchronized, rendered, and stored on remote servers and delivered via the Internet. OnLive was announced in 2009 and launched in the United States on June 17, 2010.

[Watch On YouTube]
---------------------------------------------------------
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

votes: 34
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

Hmm, I've heard about this and have to say I'm not convinced yet! But I guess we'll see how it turns out Smile It's a nice idea at least.
Is bungle the same as juggle?
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

I am also not convinced, the idea is simple but executing it is extremely hard, specially with different internet providers, internet speeds and subscriptions, but the most obstacle is money, this will cost a fortune to do, and I don't think it will get en enough money to cover its costs, and as we all know no one will keep funding it if it doesn't start making money. Of course I am talking about it when they start doing it Worldwide.
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

this will never work.internet isn't there yet, falls short for this.
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

votes: 34
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

That's another good point. Here in Finland the situation with Internet is better than in many other places I'd think, but still far from optimal. The most popular form of Internet access at the moment is mobile broadband, usually 1Mb/s one. Needless to say that's not really good even for today's online games, let alone something like that. The government has this grand plan to get 99% of population 100Mb/s fiber optic broadband by year 2015 or something like that, but my expectations of that succeeding are not very high...
Is bungle the same as juggle?
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

I've read what people are saying about it, most are not satisfied with its result, ping is higher than what was promised, and you need to be within range (1600 km) of the datacenter to be able to use it, and ping was high within that range.w
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

I've actually heard about this about 2 years ago. Funny story, I was talking to my friend and said "Hey, I have an idea: What if there was a company that provided games installed on their high-end pc's and would just send the users a video stream of what happens based on their inputs?". He told me there was OnLive. Oh well, I guess I wasn't quick enough with my idea Very Happy

So really, I looked into it back then, and it seems they've (of course) thought about these issues like connection quality and speed...if I remember correctly, they developed a new smaller compression for that, or something...whatever, however well it's working now, I think this is a pretty important step for gaming, technology is going to get better and will make things like that work more flawlessly. I'm eager to see how that whole thing developes.
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
Hagrid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

england.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: OnLive Reply with quote

Has anybody actually tried the 30 minute game trails yet?

I have tried one or two.  so far I am largely impressed with the result. there are a few lags here and there but nothing that i dont think couldnt be eradicated before it goes large scale and live.
-------------------------------------
All aboard the failtrain!!! WhOOOOOWhOOOOOOOO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: www.facebook.com/allaboutthewordplay
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: