Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

Custom Maps Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 am Post subject: Funny Custom Maps Discussion Reply with quote

pl swiftwater can we have it back on please, binksy i think you took it off accidentally when you removed the modded maps .......

---------------------------------------------------------
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

Might be an idea to give a different one a chance since Swiftwater was hardly ever played. And when it was, the games on it tended to be pretty bad (though a lot of that was down to people not properly learning all the routes on the map).

Would have to be a real good one though, or we'll just see the same again.
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

people have been asking to have it back - i dont mind what we have, but how long did it take to put one new one on last time?  pl seem to be the most voted for maps on there, but more variety in that would be good to stop the server from fading away which may happen if the same maps are on over and over again.  or you may end up with regs going somewhere else and randoms on the server again, and that is a nightmare pretty much guaranteed to kill it i would think.   we do need to look at this at some point again, although the answer may still be no, i am aware that alot of the regs only play tf2 because of the people on the server...we need to make it better for the regs we do have.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

Heh yeah not sure why its of the nominate list ;/, unless it was accidentally moved from the last custom maps event.

We could look to add 1 or 2 more however you admins now have map changing or map vote options too so you can/could organize it to play 1 or 2 of the custom maps that are on the fast ftp. also The fast ftp has been upgraded so we can fit more maps on there now :)

Its back now we could add a couple more popular 1s to the nominate, as mentioned though you have got them on your admin menu when the time is right  Wink
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

thanks binksy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy could see if anyone has any ideas about another pl one to put on, i still liked cranetop?
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

..but the cranetop crashed half of the clients when we tried it on that faithful night  Very Happy
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

hmmm, maybe we could try it again?  has anyone else any suggestions, i know people like awesome, but that is kinda nutty for being on there all the time....the desert one seemed ok...
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

Are we sure its cranetop with the issue if so we need to look for a newer version and remove the buggy 1!!!?

I can also go upload what i believe are the most popular maps to the fast ftp "ASAP"..

Like cp castle, swiftwater, cashworks etc be a couple for the map changing/voting menus ill see what else is on the fast ftp and add them to our menu as said the fast FTP is upgraded now and we can use more space still limited and will need to remove the buggy/crap 1s ofc.

But yeah i think maybe more admins should have the map changing powers so they can be used when the time is right. ie weekends/evenings or even arrange a custom map night again with ease :)

We/i will make this more possible and easier for us to all sort it out rather than relying on others  Wink

We have a admin+ discussion atm for upgrading members for more overall permissions, however the server pings were raised and we have or are debating what todo about them ;/. even though i am sure its mostly BT/UK clients that get this ping issue :<..

We can only fix it by changing location and IP which sux :<.

We will get there and anything to keep the community going and happy faces Smile
Hemsk
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

Pretty please put Awesome (pl_awesome_A1) on the server. I may well grow old fast but with the voting system, if people do get bored of it, they can simply vote against.

I also have a soft spot for cp_toy_fort_elite, any chance of that on there too?

Also, i would recommend :-

pl_halfacre
pl_boundary_final
pl_outback_rc4
pl_cashworks_rc2  (<-- love this one)

I would suggest some CP maps if i knew of any good ones, but i dont =/
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

nice maps mentioned binksy and hemsk, i also agree toy fort is fun, i have played many versions of that and enjoyed and castle wow forgot about that one  :D

also here is link to cranetop I hope

http://gamebanana.com/maps/search?search=pl_cranetop

there are 2 maps showing i dont know which one we put on
Forum Rules
Bozo

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but.. tc_hydro!!!!!! Smile

aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

how about these also then?

pl_halfacre
pl_boundary_final
pl_outback_rc4
cp_castle
pl_cashworks_rc2
cp_toy_fort_elite
tc_hydro

and also which version of cranetop is on there, i dont know if there is a way to tell, but i wouldnt want to set that one unless i know for sure that it is not the buggy one, i did send links to them earlier.

was great to play a couple of different ones last night for a change.thanks binksy

binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater Reply with quote

When we have the #1/main server sorted as its now changing boxes, "to try and fix the ping issues we have at times" we can look at these maps then and upload to the correct server 1 time not multiple, as we also have another new TF2 server coming for testing/perm thanks to THG Sandz.

Anyway when this is all sorted we will add allot more maps and we will discuss more admins having map changing permissions and setting the server up more effectively for you all to have more fun....

But 1 step at a time Wink
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater / Custom Maps discuss Reply with quote

i know patience is a virtue.......
Munkyman

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 am Post subject: No icon Re: pl swiftwater / Custom Maps discuss Reply with quote

I thought I would throw a few maps into the ring in case a day comes around when custom maps are able to be nominated or tested to see if they are good enough.

pl_swiftwater_ugc : Current version of swiftwater
pl_waste_v2 : A solid payload map
cp_process_rc2: A really good 5cp map
pl_barnblitz_pro : An edited version of barnblitz with an extra entrance onto last.
cp_standin_rc1: A map where you have to hold 3 points to win.

I ignored koth maps I enjoy (koth_pro_viaduct_rc3, koth_ashville_rc1 and maybe koth_arctic_b2a) as they don't seem to be played much (at all?) on the server.

PS Hello everyone
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: