Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 6 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm
LuluTADAM View latest post
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 21 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Fareseed View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 42 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Fareseed View latest post

Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 pm Post subject: No icon Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

Not sure if im really liking tf2 at the mo,ive played it for a long while now but this update seems to have upset the balance some what,or at least for me Sad  sad about the whole thing,i know once things have died down it may complete the balance of what was, I also understand for new people joining the game nothing different which will probably work well for them.
  But for us old lot Smile im not going to complane about the classes as i think each has our views on whats not working,but for me things seem to be spoilt alittle im hanging on to the hope that they haven't but i for 1 really feel they might have naffed up a good funny game.

JUST MY THOUGHT DONT FLAME I KNOW WHAT I CAN DO IF I DONT LIKE IT !
Pharmacy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 6
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

I can only rage on those new unlocks. Take the direct hit for example; it's a devil's work, it rewards you for the fact that the enemy jumped or was leaping from a ledge with a mini crit. That's lame. Next one, targe and sword. Look at what a monster like Precizion can do with this pair. :nerdrage:. The Targe itself really needs some balancing, sure, it takes sticky launcher slot, but you still have the grenade launcher. It voids 50% of flame damage and 65% of explosives damage and doesn't break (doesn't have any durability) unlike the razorback, sniper's shield protecting him against backstabs, that breaks on a single backstab attempt. Of course i'm not saying that it should be 1 time protection - it should have a meter, let's say, 200HP worth and it would regenerate fully in one minute. Also, you wouldn't be able to recharge it from lockers/ammo boxes/laying weapons. The sword, now that's something that i can endure if it doesn't go in pair with the shield because the enemy has to get close by himself, not using the charge from targe which isn't that easy. Max 210HP and starting 150 sounds balanced, from medic you can go to a little stronger soldier HP-wise by slaying 4 people. Buff Banner is balanced, takes your shotgun slot and provides you with a charging 14 second minicrits AoE power-up, takes some damage to charge it up and launch it. The gunboats, that's a hard one - i really like them the way they are, but i think they should make the usable for horizontal rocket jumps, since now they reduce damage from almost vertical rjs only, you will take the same damage trying to blast off a wall. They could also provide a small resistance to fall damage, but only from own rocket jumps, not from everything. Also, as a pickaxe user i would love to see a damage nerf and a higher hp requirement to get highest possible speed. I'm using it mainly for escaping to a medkit, not for fights.
Q_Q
Potter
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

ye and if u throw 2d1 + 3 - 3 ag u win
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

It will get better m8! I'm sure! "I hope so".

They will nerf stuff if needed give it a while to settle down 1st  Idea  Razz
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

binksy wrote (View Post):
It will get better m8! I'm sure! "I hope so".

They will nerf stuff if needed give it a while to settle down 1st  Idea  Razz

hope so fella not trying to down it like sex if its good why change it lol many a mans downfall not that tf2 turned me on Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

I would say the problem is not with the unlocks, its with everyone wanting to play demo and soldier at the moment. With so many of those two classes it really does show just how powerful they are compared to the other classes. And this is something that will only get worse as players get better with them.

If things don't die down in a week or two and players stick playing those two classes, I'd suggest lowering the class limit to 3 and see how that goes.

As for the unlocks, I don't think they need that much tweaking. Sure, the sword and shield makes you real tough to kill, but you are giving up one of the most powerful weapons in the game. One that you can really dominate the other team with and which allows you to lock down maps like dustbowl, making it almost unplayable. The latter stages of that and Goldrush are actually kind of fun now not so many use that weapon. Too much of a nerf to the new unlocks and youll just see players go back to that and it'll be just another kind of frustration.

I think it's just a matter of getting used to this new way of playing. Imagine if things were in reverse and the sticky launcher was a new unlock. Somewhere like the steam forums would be awash with threads about how insane it is and how its messing with the game.
Lenty
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 4
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

Yeah, the direct hit minicritting cos someone jumped or whatever is pretty lame. Airshots are their own reward really!
Hope you start to enjoy it again soon Carlos. Things will settle down, they always do. And Valve listen to the community perhaps a little too much sometimes, so things will get nerfed where nerfs need to be made. (And perhaps powered up in the case of the Soldier's boots. Shotgun is the obvious choice here even if I did have the boots).
As it stands a break can be good every now and then regardless. You either come back enjoying it even more, or realise that playing it a bit less than you do currently would perhaps make you enjoy it even more.
verostat
Regular
Regular

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

I agree about the Direct Hit, I don't think you need the mini crit it's still a really solid weapon without. Or rather as have been sugested by some make sure there's a minimum height for it to work.

About the Targe; I'm not sure Targe+Sword isn't really a problem to counter as a soldier (other demomen on the other hand is another thing). The GL+Targe is a mean combination though. I hope that when the class balances settles down somewhat, that scouts+heavys+engies+snipers+etc will eat them up before they reach me Razz
Potter
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

about me im really disapointed about update i i counting about something alse this is going wrong way
im try to fight with that im out..
viCodeen
Forum Resident
Forum Resident

norway.png

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

I'm not gonna comment on the weps, haven't played enough. But I'm disappointed either way.
The maps Valve has churned out in the last couple of updates has been downright shit.
That and the fact that my ping has doubled since the update. D:
Forum Rules
Lenty
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 4
uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

nDuser wrote (View Post):
I'm not gonna comment on the weps, haven't played enough. But I'm disappointed either way.
The maps Valve has churned out in the last couple of updates has been downright shit.

Agree. Doublecross is an instant *resign to stalemate* for half an hour and Gorge just isn't that interesting. Need a classic CP map imo with some interesting features and tactics.
Inferiorum
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 1
austria.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

There are just 2 things I dont like from the update.

1: The 65% explosion resistance
2: Doublecross (guess I dont like any CTF map)

everything else is great... more or less ...

Infe

PS: Now, finally, there is only one update left, the one I was waiting for since the first class update (medic?)
MadLag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

well the demo spam now is just totally overpowered only way to take them down is close combat or bullet in the head :/ btw how can u guys cry about direct hit ? only good thing this weapon has to offer is mini crit but still this is just not enough to make it even close to old rocket launcher -_-

btw theere should be lower demo limit (2 ? ) at current point its just sucky when 4 demos can pwn whole team sitting behind the wall without taking any bigger dmg (soldier or other demos dont do much dmg while heavy and sniper cant even get close to get good shoot ; / )
---------------------------------------------------------
Smile
viCodeen
Forum Resident
Forum Resident

norway.png

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

Lenty wrote (View Post):
nDuser wrote (View Post):

Agree. Doublecross is an instant *resign to stalemate* for half an hour and Gorge just isn't that interesting. Need a classic CP map imo with some interesting features and tactics.

Can bet your ass that these maps will get there playtime as well, concidering the fact that most of the people on the THG servers have horrid taste for maps(Kidding, kidding=D)

Btw. is the ping issue still current? Want to pleh. =(
MANBEARPIG
Regular
Regular

votes: 1
germany.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Spy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not sure i enjoy tf2 anymore Sad Reply with quote

Precizion wrote (View Post):
I would say the problem is not with the unlocks, its with everyone wanting to play demo and soldier at the moment.

I totally agree.
As a (compared to you guys) new player it's difficult enough to get something going with classes despite Demo, Soldier and Pyro but with the update playing other classes despite Soldier and Demo has become a lot tougher (at least for me).
I'm sticking with the Spy atm and it always has been tricky to get trough the enemy lines, but with 4 Demos and 4 Soldiers spamming the shit out of you it's just an instant fail.
There are maps where I do have enough alternativ routes ofc, but most of the time I don't get hunted down by some raging medic but by random rockets and grenades killing me from nowhere.
I hope people will go back to their original classes soon...
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: