Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 4 Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 pm
DaV View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:48 pm
Please unban Banned? zzz123 5 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
zzz123 View latest post
Application Apply to join THG Regs TinyPixel 2 Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Nostalgic games, tell me yours.
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Old games seem better than new ones?
Heck yeah!!!
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Both are equally good.
47%
 47%  [ 17 ]
New games are way better.
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
I don't give a crap...
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sanchez is a loser who should commit suicide Sad
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
I LIEK PIES!!!1!!
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

Sanchez
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

finland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sc00t
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:11 am Post subject: No icon Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

I never got into the NES&SNES era, since I was too busy socializing with my friends and having fun instead trapping myself inside a room playing Mario or whatnot Very Happy
My first console ever was PS1 and oh man, is there alot of awesome games that make me feel like I'm 8 again, from the inside ofcourse Wink
Some of my most memorable and at the same time nostalgic games are: Medievil 1&2, Tomba/Tombi (the second one sucked balls), Team Buddies (greatest PS1 party game ever), Resident Evil 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-9, all the Crash games, Rayman 1&2, Grim Fandango, Alundra, Azure Dreams, B-Movie, Tomb Raider 2-3, Kula World, Tekken 3 and the list goes further than I can remember.
I know that's a pretty long list and most of the games listed might or definately are unknown for many of you.
The only reason I put up post's or rather polls like this is, because I want to share my memories with other people just to remember the "good times". Modern day games are good, like TF2 in example Very Happy  but they don't feel as "epic" as the older ones.
Okay cut the bullshit I have gone WAY out of the topic, so if you have any good game memories, games or anything relating post on here.

I feel tired and I should probably go to sleep....
Sincerely, Sanchez
Link
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 3
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

Alundra and Azure Dreams are both awesome games =) God, how I abused Azure Dreams xD Even to the point where Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid commented on it =P

I on the other hand was around for the NES, though I didn't own one myself =P My first console was the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis to Americans) =) So the Sonic games, Toejam & Earl and Shining Force are among my most nostalgic games =P Oh and Phantasy Star, which was great, much more so than the lame Online crap versions they make now =P There's also a shitload of SNES games but I never owned one myself so I don't count those =P There are more games but in most cases I need to play them to remember =)
---------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for standing still!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vallek
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

first you say you were too busy socializing and then you say your first console was ps1 at the age of 8, do i need to say more...or do you get how ridiculous that is...

btt: my first console was nes at the age of 7 and i especially loved mario 3

snes best game ever was secret of evermore closed followed by zelda

ff7 was the best game ever made and 9 was great too while 8 was the worst part ever
i also love resident evil 1&2, bought 3 too but never played it -.-

grim fandango...i cant count how often i played this game its a shame they never did a sequel...

ps2 had also some great games like ico and its sequel shadow of the colossus, hope they realise the film...

and last but least i have to mention resident evil 5, such a great game with its coop, really love to play it on ps3 with a good friend of mine
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

Equally good..
For me, what makes a game a good game is its story.
So, ever played Star Wars: knights of the old republic?  wow! what a story there  Shocked played it like 20 times over and over Very Happy
druid
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

dont even know where to start, there was so many of them.. gfx is not everything, those games had something in them.. - unlike multimilion productions of today that are worth shit and last average of 10h :/
Lord Vader finds your lack of competence.. disturbing..
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

germany.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

"Zelda: a link to the past"  for the SNES has got to be the best game ever made, loved it...every other year i still shoot up the emulator(i sold my snes for some stupid reason)  and play through it again.

Oh yea and i spent like 8years of my life played Rogue Spear Multiplayer.
Link
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 3
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

slate wrote (View Post):
"Zelda: a link to the past"  for the SNES has got to be the best game ever made, loved it...every other year i still shoot up the emulator(i sold my snes for some stupid reason)  and play through it again.

Hehe ALttP was the first game I got for the Virtual Console on my Wii =) (Later followed by games I had heard would be awesome, like Mario RPG and Paper Mario =P )

"Thanks for standing still!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sanchez
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

finland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sc00t
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

vallek wrote (View Post):
first you say you were too busy socializing and then you say your first console was ps1 at the age of 8, do i need to say more...or do you get how ridiculous that is...

Yes I know that it sounds kinda ridiculous, but I just said it to overexaggerate my point just for shits n' giggles Smile
TrixeR
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

Monkey Island, Police Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry - memories of a mis-spent youth.  On consoles Mario without a doubt, Double Dragon 2 co-op was great fun, Mega Man.  

1942 on the Commodore - waiting ages for the tape to load then someone would tap the deck or twitch the cable and the whole thing would crash.

This is why I got a GP32x (soon to be replaced by Pandora) it has emulators for everything before the N64 so I can play my old favourites anytime  Very Happy .
Fawwles
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

I was playing Q3 and UT in 2001, when I was 7 :<.
Forum Rules
Shadow
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

DOUBLE DRAGON BATTLE TOADS fot the win

But hey, I'm playing PC since I was 6 years old and I like new games much more, that the old ones, because of grafics.
Yes, I'm a grafics fag, a good game should look good. When it's looking good, you have a feeling, that YOU are the character in the game.
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for example. I was able to feel all the moves, that I've done in the game and that's a great feeling, guys.
But when I only see pixels and shitty textures, that is taking my playing fun away.
maxcarrion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

I'm going for equally good, gfx have got better, physics engines have got better but for some reason games haven't really :p Gran Tourismo 2 is still the best driving simulator ever made, whole wonderful genres have all but died out, like turn based squad level strategy (where are the new UFO/Laser Squad games?) and the top view driving/combat games, oh how I loved super cars 2, mashed and nitro, where are the side scrolling beat em ups, Golden Axe was genius.  Adventure games have replaced strategy with action (bye bye bards tale hello world of warcraft) and while I love both games I cry for the loss of the older styles.  Some styles go from strength to strength, fps games quite naturally improve with technology, tf2 is way better than doom was :p although I still have a sense of awe for what doom and wolfenstein 3D were back in the day, ground breaking, original, cutting edge works of art.  A lot of games don't really stand the test of time, I've gone back and played games i loved in my youth and some of them are  just so ugly and jerky now, others have never been bettered in all the years they've been about, diablo 2 and fallout 1 & 2 never grow old, I guess great games just happen sometimes, sometimes the developers just get it right and in most cases once we've found them and fallen in love with them they'll always be great games whether they're old or new.  Maybe it's a little harder to get excited about a new game cause so many of them are dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants.

Oh and my first console was a Binatone colour TV game mk 10.... you SNES generation people may well hang your heads in shame :p
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
GeneralTGF
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:39 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

Equally good in my opinion.

And some of the games I have fond memories of are:
Mortal Kombat 2 and Vector Man from Sega Mega Drive 2 (Genesis).

Punisher, Cadillac and Dinosaurs, TMNT and Metal Slug from arcades.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Twisted Metal 2 and 3, Driver 1 and 2, GTA 2, Spyro and Pro Evolution Soccer from PS1.

There is probably more but I can't remember them at the moment.  Razz
druid
Community Admin
Community Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:01 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

consoles?? kids.. who of you knows what zx spectrum was:D
Lord Vader finds your lack of competence.. disturbing..
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nostalgic games, tell me yours. Reply with quote

Oh god you are all dinasours  Shocked
ZX SPECTRUM: "released in the United Kingdom in 1982"?!?
i was born in 1989  Sad
i am too young for this community Very Happy
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Any Game! All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: