Joined: Feb 23, 2008
Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
|Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 pm Post subject: Forum Rules
| General Rules
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts.
* We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate THG community standards. The moderators and admin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* If topics belong in other forums, they will either be closed or moved (depending on the mood of the moderator).
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules,
Avatars & Signatures
* Animated avatars may be deleted depending on if they slow the page view down. Sorry.
* Avatars that may be confused with any admin/staff avatars are not allowed..
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have loads of text and image/s.
* For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 200 pixels tall and 25k in size
* Animated images in a signature may be deleted depending on if they slow the page view down. Sorry.
What is acceptable??. If you THINK that it will not be acceptable then don't post it.
* Moderators (and Moderators alone!!) will decide if the posted image is suitable for the forum.
* Do NOT "Quote" posts that have bad images or martial in them, posters who copy the the post will receive warnings. 3 warnings = BAD.
* Any member caught encouraging persons spamming inappropriate images will be warned/banned, no questions asked.
Please follow these rules on quoting. , Unnecessary quoting results in making a thread difficult to read and takes up unnecessary database space.
*. Quoting of bannable material is now bannable...
Please don't quote things that are bannable. You may not have made the offending post, but quoting it is just as bad.
* When using the quote button, please try quote the bit that you are actually replying to rather than posting the entire quote conversation over and over again.
* Do not post just a quote. this will result in that post being deleted and you will be warned.
* There's normally no need to quote the person directly above you unless it's a particularly long post and you want to pick apart certain points raised and reply to them sequentially.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited.
People pay to advertise here. What makes you think you can do it for free? Do not register if all you are here for is to generate traffic for your site. We will remove without explanation any links we deem to be advertising. You are welcome to link in your signature and Homepage field on your profile.
Respect copyrighted material, and only post it with the author's express permission. Discussing 'warez', pirated material, serial numbers or any such copyright infringing activity, will result in an immediate removal of the material and potential action against the account of the offending member.
We strive for a pleasant environment between users. Friendly banter and some light-hearted taunting in case of tournaments / challenges between users are acceptable, but please mind your typing - if what you are posting isn't something you'd say to someone you met on the street, don't post it here.
Players already have a terrible behavioural reputation in online gaming; please don't extend the behaviour onto these forums. This includes stuff like 'my country is better than yours', flaming, and racism. Do not flame excessively, or you will be banned. Keep the language clean; excessive swearing only intensifies the hostility.
The forum moderation team are tasked with the responsibility of enforcing the forum rules. As a result of this, Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, at any time.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community