New maps to the rotation?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Triggerhappygamers.com -> Team Fortress 2

#16: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: binksyLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am
    —
Just to let you know I just "edited and compiled the basevotes.smx" so now you can set the custom/maps to load on mapchange "again" and not load instantly Smile.. So aerynsun you can safely set the next map again  Laughing

Carlos is right, nominate allows 4-5 votes or how ever many votes show. This it to fill with maps that you choose, so if 4-5 players did this every map it would 100% be maps chosen and voted by you if you do not do this the mapcycle falls back to the ones on the list with the slots that have not yet been nominated...

That's how it works so you should all really use it to your advantage...

#17: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: kLoWn PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:46 pm
    —
maybe its possible to reduce the number of times badwater, upward and steel appear on the vote. These maps often get automatically nominated. If it was appeared less often it would be played less often.

k

#18: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: winthof PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:58 pm
    —
Tbh I find the 1-5 number use rather annoying. Not only it hinders my ability to change weapons quickly from time to time and I usually end up choosing a map I don't want to vote for and later either don't have the time to revote or I just forget.

It's a minor thing and completely situational but I'm sure I'm not the only one and if I'm really not, it can be the cause of "unwanted" maps getting voted (or the majority actually likes those that some of us are tired of)

#19: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: carlos PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm
    —
winthof wrote (View Post):
Tbh I find the 1-5 number use rather annoying. Not only it hinders my ability to change weapons quickly from time to time and I usually end up choosing a map I don't want to vote for and later either don't have the time to revote or I just forget.

It's a minor thing and completely situational but I'm sure I'm not the only one and if I'm really not, it can be the cause of "unwanted" maps getting voted (or the majority actually likes those that some of us are tired of)

yep used to be diffrent ie not numbers i think they were f keys, i think it just defaulted back after a plugin update, maybe dav can take alook as i know afew mentioned it in the past.

Id do it but im not here. Very Happy

#20: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: DaVLocation: Edinburgh PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 pm
    —
carlos wrote (View Post):
yep used to be diffrent ie not numbers i think they were f keys, i think it just defaulted back after a plugin update, maybe dav can take alook as i know afew mentioned it in the past.

Will try and have a look tonight!  Smile

#21: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: aerynsun PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:28 pm
    —
yes they were function keys for a while, so maybe if they could be changed back to that it would help.  thanks for fixing map vote issue binsky that helps Very Happy .  i will remind people when i am on to keep nominating, hopefully that well help reduce the number of times the same map comes up.  it is to everyones advantage to nominate  Very Happy  Very Happy also mixing some vanilla maps in with custom ones may also pull up ones that dont get played so much.

ps any news yet carlos????? even as you are not here i do know your crystal ball works fairly well  Very Happy

#22: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: winthof PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm
    —
DaV wrote (View Post):
carlos wrote (View Post):

Will try and have a look tonight!  Smile

Fantastic! Much appreciated, guys! :)

I believe in you, DaV!

#23: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Obvious PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am
    —
This is so dumb i think it could be fun on custom map vote on weekends.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5657

Or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5b5wAVFu0
Could just have some gimmick map night for funsies.

#24: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Deepblue PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:52 am
    —
Yeah, this is the fun server after all.

Although I see some classes gain advantages over others when going "downhill"

#25: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: aerynsun PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:43 pm
    —
encouraging regs to nominate also helps keep the maps that are played alot away too, we could just keep reminding people to nominate maps, may even bind that

suggestion to a key........

also like the look of badwater rainy for a laugh  - shame there are no killer ducks in there Very Happy  Very Happy

#26: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Deepblue PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm
    —
Oh I nominate alright.

I'm always doing it when I don't realize it's up and I'm trying to switch weapons to set up quickswitch Razz

#27: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Haytch PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:24 pm
    —
Or what about a mirrored map night?

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=15732

Basically the standard map but mirrored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLxdw1ek3-g

#28: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Deepblue PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 pm
    —
Once we've played maps enough times, I think doing them as a mirrored image would be fun.

Heck, someone should try editing the Payload maps so you start at the end and have to work your way back to the beginning.

These kinds of maps aren't original, but they would be a lot of fun after playing the originals so much.
What would be fun is if there was a way to randomly pick the normal version, mirrored, slanted, or reverse versions when you vote on a map.

#29: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Burzum PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 am
    —
I'm all in with playing different maps but i think at some point we should make a selection of which one to keep in the rotation/nomination menu and which one to cut off, because some of them seem really flawed to me.

I mean, we played maps that were obviously not well designed being too easy to attack and too hard to defend or the other way around. And some of them are just bad

#30: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Author: Piggles PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 am
    —
Any chance we could add abandoned upward to the map rotation? it looks amazing but I can never find a server running it......

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Team Fortress 2

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3