Finally ordered everything for my new PC
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Triggerhappygamers.com -> Hardware & Software

#16: No icon Re: Finally ordered everything for my new PC Author: christophe PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 am
    —
So after 2 weeks I've already upgraded my graphics card.

I saw a 6950 Twin FrozR III 2gb for sale on Friday so decided to list my card (6950 Twin FrozR II 2gb) on eBay for more than I bought it for and see if I got any bids. Lo and behold I did, so I went and ordered the new card and received it yesterday.

Last night I installed the card and managed to unlock the shaders from 1408 to 1536 with help from the guide here and the bios here. This basically means I'm now running on the shaders of a 6970 and have more overhead room to overclock, with the core clock ceiling increased from 900MHz to 1300MHz and memory clock ceiling increased from 1325MHz to 1690MHz.

For an extra 20 quid it seems a pretty decent upgrade so far, the unlock is really simple and if anyone is looking for unlocked 6950's it seems the main three cards allowing it are the Twin FrozR III, the Sapphire Dirt 3 edition and the Sapphire Toxic. I also got a free copy of Deus Ex:HR  8)

Will do some benches and see what kind of difference I'm seeing.

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Hardware & Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2