What kind of shit is this??
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Any Game!

#1: No icon What kind of shit is this?? Author: SuperTimo PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am
    —
Apparently Ubisoft has announced that all of their future games will require a constant internet connection to play and to save the game, even when playing single player. Linky If you're playing and your net is disconnected for some reason, the game pauses and waits for it to be re-established  Razz I mean, even with Steam we can play most games in offline mode. You might think that so what, I always have my net connection on? But do you? I've yet to meet an ISP who can guarantee a flawless connection working 100% all the time. If it would be just for Ubisoft games then fine, but I'm worried that other companies might start thinking this is a good idea. I haven't been a huge user of pirated games before, but this trend makes me wonder... Basically it seems that soon we might have two choices: Pay nothing and play as you want, or pay a lot of money and play when and how the company publishing the game allows you to. Since if they implement this, I seriously doubt it wouldn't be cracked the next day.

For a more comprehensive and better look see RPS

#2: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: viCodeenLocation: Snoreway PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am
    —
Good thing that Ubisoft only makes shit games. But that's a true dick move right there.

#3: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: TroHax PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:42 pm
    —
Again, devlopers are hurting their real consumers.

Online requirement to play the game? "no problem" says the pirate, "that's only 4 mb more for the torrent file, matey."

#4: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: druid PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 pm
    —
yes as usual ppl who buy legit games will get done. constant net conection? what about those poor souls that have limits..? and it will make no difference to crack this as it never is a problem really :/

#5: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: Potter PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 pm
    —
well thats suck they dont know how many people they ganna lose and they shoul think about selling all that crap its allrught with masiwe multiplayer games and only multi but singles its not good idea i play only singles when im off Very Happy

#6: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: SuperTimo PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm
    —
Well lets hope people will stop buying Ubisoft games after this, and other companies will start thinking that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all...  Very Happy

#7: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: Calin PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm
    —
We all know why spore has a 1 and a half star rating on amazon  Wink

#8: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: nOOb PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 pm
    —
ubisoft makes sucky games anyway.. i mean what was the last good game they made? prince of persia? pft

#9: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: Luke PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 am
    —
nOOb wrote (View Post):
ubisoft makes sucky games anyway.. i mean what was the last good game they made? prince of persia? pft

They do have some good games, like the Tom Clancy series or Assassin's Creed.

#10: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: viCodeenLocation: Snoreway PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am
    —
Rainbow Six died when Ubisoft took it over imo.  Sad
They also managed to completely ruin what might be the best arcade game of all times(TMNT4).

Either way, this is a bad thing whatever my personal view on Ubisoft is.
They must've been on crack during that board meeting. Hope it fails to say the least.

#11: No icon Re: What kind of shit is this?? Author: SuperTimo PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 pm
    —
Rock, Paper, Shotgun reports that Ubi's DRM has been cracked already, one day after the first game using it was released: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/04/has-ubis-drm-been-cracked-already/  Razz [Insert funny "Epic fail" -pic here]

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Any Game!

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1