WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Team Fortress 2

#1: No icon WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: SEXMAN PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 pm
    —
anyway guys  
my account had been hijacked just want to warn u
couple hours before my good friend Elliot or Dazeed sent me
a link after click on it download starts
file its really small  half sec dowload
after i clicked on it and nothing happend
till now
dunno what intentions had elliot but
hes not been born yesterday and i really dunno
what to think about that.
so be carefull guys dont clik on any download and if u did
don't open it
scanning with antyvirus now
scanned even file which he sent me but
AVAST didn't found anything
maybe any better antyvirus needed???

#2: No icon Re: WARNING HAIJACKED ACCOUNT Author: carlos PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 pm
    —
funny you say that i received the same thing from him today and thought the same i downloaded it it was a .rar file i opened it see it was an .exe file and thought fuck that thats not him glad you gave us the heads up sexy and glad im not that much of a tit

#3: No icon Re: WARNING HAIJACKED ACCOUNT Author: DrakenLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:39 pm
    —
Two of my friends got their accounts hijacked too but after a few days (two, three days) they got them back. It was a link that was on a group event, It lead them to the steam community page and it said there was a promotion going on and it was offering a game to whoever logged in. I had to help them recover the account because they didn't know how and were too afraid to do something wrong. Hope you get your account ASAP. Are you the guy who has the name with strange characters? Because I think I've seen you on the servers today.

#4: No icon Re: WARNING HAIJACKED ACCOUNT Author: nOOb PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:49 am
    —
opening .exe files?
i wouldn't do that even if my mom sent me the file ^^
let that be a lesson to you young padawan  Wink

#5: No icon Re: WARNING HAIJACKED ACCOUNT Author: WuppenLocation: Finland PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:19 am
    —
You should try and scan the file with site below:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en

It uses multiple uptodate scanengines to scan files u send. And after you know what it s then u can google it for removal methods.

Some good antispyware/malware progs:

SpyBot S&D
AdAware

AVG

Not free but u can scan with it but if u want remove something / disinfect u have to buy it (Good Prog Btw):

Spyware Doctor

Last edited by Wuppen on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: binksyLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:46 am
    —
Sounds bad. i won't even open a rar lol to see the exe you scan the rar! before hand. I won't even click some links players send me.

Rar files i use http://malwarebytes.org/

I have the full version  Wink but the free version will be better than nothing.

Maybe dazzed got hacked to if not he sent it simple or the attacker new you all and used his name to make you think it was someone else you have on your friends.

Hope yah get it sorted fast. Updated your post fixed the spellings and amended the title.

#7: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: BadgerBaiter PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am
    —
Sorry to hear about it sexy fella :(

Doesn't seem like something Elliot would do, but I heard he spends all the time in the gym and maybe roid rage took him over :p

Hope you get it  sorted fella

#8: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: SEXMAN PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:57 pm
    —
cherz guys for a tip on that virus stuff
found couple problems .
and about elliot aka dazeed i really dunno what to think
now guy few years like him much never had really even argument
or something apart of some innocent jokes for fun
maybe some of my ex Rc can get touch with him
maybe he get hacked as well??
and watch for messages from me
maybe this thing spam a friend list

#9: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: druid PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am
    —
i wouldnt be suprised.. its quite common that once account its stolen its used to spam friends/contact list

#10: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: OffendingEngineerLocation: Finland PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am
    —
Had my steam account hacked once, got it back thankfully.

Valve has a great staff over at steam user support.

#11: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: BeastyLocation: Derby PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am
    —
My Account was hijacked once. I went away on hol and came back to find i cudnt log in. After reaserch it became apparent that somebody had hacked in. Lets just say steam were less than helpful in getting it back for me even thougjh i even sudmitted the product keys for game i owned. Eventually i got an account back but it wasnt my old one :S

#12: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: SEXMAN PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:51 pm
    —
got my account back
spoke with elliot
he got hacked too
:<
so watch out guys
dirty link still goes arround

#13: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: Paradox PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm
    —
Sounds rough... I'll be careful of anyone sending me an .exe...

#14: No icon Re: WARNING: Hijacked Steam Account Author: BadgerBaiter PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 pm
    —
Glad you got it back mate :-)

Happy to hear that Elliot wasn't being a dick! Shame he got hacked as well Sad

Triggerhappygamers.com -> Team Fortress 2

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1