Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
#1 Server Stability Issue Team Fortress 2 TheKnigget 1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
DaV View latest post
Ban Appeal Banned? Sophie_Hatter 4 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
DaV View latest post
Blame it on the Boom Boom Team Fortress 2 Shadow_Samurai 4 Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Shadow_Samurai View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 21 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Choo-Choo-Choose Me! Apply to join THG Regs JoePinball 5 Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
#2 Steam group chat Team Fortress 2 asmila 1 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm
asmila View latest post
Maps request Servers Kaibz 42 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Fareseed View latest post
Hello Everybody Introductions vuaerom 6 Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm
JoePinball View latest post

Screenshot Contest - Voting now live in separate threads!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 pm Post subject: Loot Screenshot Contest - Voting now live in separate threads! Reply with quote

UPDATE 2: Voting now live!
Comedy Poll here.
Art Poll here.

UPDATE: Now closed for entries, thanks for all your submissions!

Welcome to the TriggerHappyGamers Screenshot Contest!

Submit a screenshot!   Evaluate your peers!   Win a prize!

From now until Sunday 7th February 2016 you are invited to submit your screenshots for the contest (from any game), with the opportunity to win one of our no-some-expense-spared prizes!

There are 2 categories to enter:  

Comedy: Screenshots which capture a funny moment or scene.

Art: Screenshots with a more aesthetic aim: these can be landscapes, character shots, or pretty much anything else you can come up with that has an “artistic” focus.

Each user may enter up to 2 screenshots per category.

At the end of the submission phase, the screenshots will be shortlisted by the judges, and you will then be able to vote for your favourite in each category. Voting will close after approx. 1 week (date TBD), and then we will announce who has won the undying admiration of the THG community (oh, and the prizes below)!

Prizes:

In each category, the following prizes are available to the top 3 entries (6 prizes total), as voted by the community:

1st Place: 10 Sacks of Gems (10,000 Gems) [Steam Inventory]
2nd Place: FORCED: Slightly Better Edition [Steam Inventory Gift]
3rd Place: 30 random Steam Trading Cards [Steam Inventory, kindly donated by Kaibz]

Our celebrity judges are THG | aerynsun mom, THG | DaV and Kaibz!

How to enter:

1. Capture your screenshot (e.g. using Steam), or choose one you already have.

2. Create a reply post in this thread. Your post must include:
  • The category you are entering this screenshot for: 'Comedy' or 'Art'
  • The screenshot: use the Image Repository button (), just above the reply text box to upload your shot to the THG site, then insert the image into your post. See Binksy's post for further details on this.
  • (If your screenshot is on Steam, you can find its location on your PC by going to 'View' → 'Screenshots' → 'SHOW ON DISK')

• [Optional] A caption or short description to accompany the screenshot.
3. [Optional] If your screenshot is on Steam, you may link to it in your entry post ('Share' button in Steam). You can also add a comment on its Steam page containing the following (if you wish), linking people to this thread:
Code:
This screenshot is entered for the TriggerHappyGamers [url=http://triggerhappygamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4230]Screenshot Contest[/url]!

Rules:
Submitted screenshots must be your own. TinEye sees all!
Maximum of 2 screenshot entries per user per category (total of 4).
Screenshot entries which do not include the necessary information will be ineligible to be shortlisted or win.
Screenshots may be from any game.
A screenshot may be submitted for entry in both categories, but will count as 2 entries total (1 in each category).
Minimal image manipulation is allowed (e.g. in Photoshop), but the entry must be predominantly the original screenshot. The judges/organiser will decide this: ask if in doubt, but err on the side of caution.
The judges' decision is final, and the judges reserve the right to disqualify any screenshot or user at any time.
Judges or organiser are not eligible to be shortlisted or win, but may submit screenshots.
Deadline for entries is 23:59:59 (GMT) on Sunday 7th February 2016.
The rules may be updated or changed without warning, but hopefully I have covered everything!

Big thanks to Binksy for setting up the Image Repository, and to aeryn, DaV and Kaibz for adjudicating!

Good luck everyone! If there's any questions, ask below!

Last edited by Shake on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:03 am; edited 8 times in total
Coins
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Are these screenshots based of TF2 or any game?
---------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo friendcode: 3797-7900-0588
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Any game!  Smile

(Thanks Coins! I made original post a bit clearer.)

Last edited by Shake on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
jolle
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Comedy

Scout crotch drop off

Steam link

(Question of order, should I edit this post if I want to add more entries or post more replies?)

Last edited by jolle on Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:03 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Haha, nice jolle/Frogdan!  Very Happy

jolle wrote (View Post):

(Question of order, should I edit this post if I want to add more entries or post more replies?)

I think just create a new post later if you want to add more entries, to give a bit of a timeline  Smile

Feel free to post comments on others' screenshots in this thread too, I thought about multiple threads but wanted to keep everything centralised, including discussion. (I plan to go through the thread before the judges do their shortlisting and sort the images into categories to make it easier for them).

(Updated original post: if your screenshot is on Steam, you may put a link in your entry post.)
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Amelia
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Oh my, what a lovely idea Shake. I might think of submitting something, I'm not sure yet...What game, what gaame.... I've been completely sucked out of creativity lately.
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:41 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be a new shot if you have something from a while ago you'd like to submit.

You also have a bit of time to hopefully find some inspiration if you want to do something new!  Smile
Kratos
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

sweden.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

a screencap of Davs my face would surely win me the comedy category >Very Happy---|-<

Dav:  Spy
Derfy
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Breaking the judges screen may not be the best way to win the prizes  Very Happy
Majin

uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Comedy

A graceful ragdoll in Wolfenstein: The New Order
Forum Rules
TheKnigget
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Nice idea but dav as a judge?
Is he reliable? I mean will Dav give us a fair, balanced and most importantly a non alcoholic judgement?  
Will Dav abuse his power and conduct a coup d'etat?  Shocked

But good idea Shake
Shake
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

DaV assures me he is a paragon of virtue! But we shall see...

Very balletic Majin!  Very Happy
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+
I Donated this last month :)

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Derfy wrote (View Post):
Breaking the judges screen may not be the best way to win the prizes  Very Happy

hahahha  am going to enjoy this thread i can tell  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

nice and funny starts from jolle and majin too
---------------------------------------------------------
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

A re-upload  Surprised Bear in mind I can't win any of the prizes though. My entries are for hilarity only!

Comedy

Caption: Stringray hammer-wielding nugget hammers a hammered Scotsman with hammer!
Kratos
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

sweden.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: THG Screenshot Contest - Now open for Entries! Reply with quote

Found this one, an ancient screenshot from my first clan. You can even spot manny in the chat Very Happy (not a submission)
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: