Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 173 Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:50 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 6 Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm
carlos View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Need a dispenser here (The TF 2 video thread) Team Fortress 2 Choob 97 Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Hello Introductions 0079 2 Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:21 pm
0079 View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 8 Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 pm
asmila View latest post
Evo extreme General Chat 0079 0 Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 pm
0079 View latest post
Banned Banned? Nights 1 Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:07 am
Topher View latest post
**APPLICATION** Apply to join THG Regs zzzzzzzzzz 3 Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:42 pm
Chistlehurst caves today General Chat the_steel_rat1 1 Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:36 pm
Just a flesh wound General Chat Dkz 4 Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm
Derfy View latest post

Is BF4 worth buying?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game! -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 3
portugal.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:22 pm Post subject: No icon Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

Title speaks for itself.

Basically, I own BF3 and I love it but I'm not sure if it's worth getting BF4. I'd like to hear your opinions before actually spending money on it (it's kind of expensive to just "buy to try").

Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

No there seems to be issue after issue with it ,dont get me wrong it is agood game but so many on line problems. i bought it and no longer play it after 3 weeks of game play, sp isnt really worth the play as over to soon.

it is in my opion not as good as bf3.which is a shame as i was looking forward to it. save ya money and wait to get it cheep when the time comes.
Lost
THG Member
THG Member

portugal.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

carlos wrote (View Post):
No there seems to be issue after issue with it ,dont get me wrong it is agood game but so many on line problems. i bought it and no longer play it after 3 weeks of game play, sp isnt really worth the play as over to soon.

it is in my opion not as good as bf3.which is a shame as i was looking forward to it. save ya money and wait to get it cheep when the time comes.

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad I asked if it was worth buying Smile
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

My GF enjoyed the single player but mentioned that it is pretty short and didn't take too long to finish.

I bought the same through Origin when it was on a deal, so I'm currently a bit less annoyed than others that also purchased BF4 Premium.

Overall I prefer the gameplay of BF4 and I've had a decent amount of fun playing online so far, but DICE really need to step up and fix the game. As game launches go, it was very far from smooth.  Patches months after launch to fix what some call an 'unplayable' game just shouldn't happen.

However I haven't played it in over a week now so I'm possibly losing interest in it again. That may change once the patches come out.
Schaap
Admin+
Admin+

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

While both Carlos and Dav have valid points, I am still playing BF4 regularly and I enjoy it. I missed most of the launch problems as I bought the game quite late. I would recommend playing with one or more friends, and use teamspeak/mumble/skype/whatever. That's really improved my experience of the game.

I've only been playing a few weeks now, so don't know if the game has the staying power of, say, a tf2 Wink But I see myself playing this game at least the next few weeks too.

Pro's:
- some very cool maps. pretty much anything can be destroyed. flooding/dambreaks are cool.
- nice graphics
- teamplay is rewarded (multiple players in one vehicle is still cool, a good driver/gunner combo is very effective)

Con's:
- some stability and connectivity problems/bugs
- Some maps/types of gameplay get boring quickly
- man there are a lot of asshats online. though i guess that happens in any multiplayer game.

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Isaac Asimov
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I too haven't played it as much as i would of liked, but the times i have has been fairly fun, deffo would be better with a group on mumble as schaap mentioned..

Bug wise its deffo got a few and some nasty ones with the netcode but its slowly getting fixed as far as i know.

I may jump on tonight schaap if you or anyone else is about Smile
Schaap
Admin+
Admin+

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I'll probably be playing this evening. My Origin ID is Schaapmans, feel free to add me.

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Isaac Asimov
BATMichael
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 2
germany.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

The gameplay is nice and levolution also, many bugs got fixed, the biggest problems are currently still the netcode and some issues with win7 or vista with lower Power.

For the netcode its currently better as on release, but sometimes you notice that some slots on the server even get calculated faster then others.
Example: One round I was able to kill lots of enemys with less shots so I mostly killed 4 ppl before I had to reload, next round I had same weapon I barly hitted enemys sometimes I shot a whole clip into an enemys back and as I was reloading or switching to another gun the enemy turned around 1hitted me on 100% hp and he still had 1% hp left... but I guess that will be fixed soon.

And yeah Teamwork is the biggest help to win, if you play a round where everyone only try camp on the roofs and snipe other down and dont care for flags you lose... but I even managed to turn around a match where the tickets was 300 vs 450 to finish it with 150 vs 0 even the other team had 5x rank 110 on it and I was the only one on my side with lots of beginners, but they all liston to me and we worked it out fast. Got many friendsrequest after that xD

Currently I try to finish every Mission (only 1 left) and then trying to get all weapons to 5th servicestar to unlock all dogtags, I dont care for the stats, fun counts Very Happy

Maivez
THG Member
THG Member

denmark.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I think it is worth it  Very Happy
I never owned any shooting games before bf4 (played now and then at friend's places)
Like Michi said the graphics are really great and the fact that you need to work together as a team is something I really like as well.

At least I do enjoy playing it even though I am not so good yet  Wink
Lost
THG Member
THG Member

portugal.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

Maivez wrote (View Post):
I think it is worth it  Very Happy
I never owned any shooting games before bf4 (played now and then at friend's places)
Like Michi said the graphics are really great and the fact that you need to work together as a team is something I really like as well.

At least I do enjoy playing it even though I am not so good yet  Wink

Well, IMO TF2 is the game that requires the most team work (I never tried BF4 but I doubt it would surpass TF2 in that way). Thank you for your opinion!

Yeah, I've decided to wait until the price gets dropped down. Smile
Forum Rules
Maddie
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 1
norway.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Pyro
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I am still playing it o/

And as the others said: there have been a few bugs fixed after it got launched (I barly get disconnected from servers anymore)
Also the China Rising maps ain't to bad either Smile The fact you can drive a round on a moped f.ex on Silk Road is just too funny (I may be putting C4 on it and ram it into tanks)

My opinion of the game: Buggy but still playable + it helps having friends joining you on servers so you can do tacts and speak over VOIP
Hopefully some more THG members will come and play again so we can show them how good we work as a team  Cool

Maddie aka FlyRag
Haytch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I'm on the fence.

I've played pretty much every battlefield since 1942 including mods (PR, AIX etc)

Whilst this game is a step up from BF3 in terms of bringing teamwork back into BF it still cannot keep my attention for more then 1 or 2 rounds in row.

The game is bloated with too many gamemodes that no one plays, a single player which in the mode of modern military shooters is a series of cut scenes where you get to perform some basic linear tasks in between.

For the love of god Dice/EA just concentrate on the core BF game and forget about the arbitrary game modes.  No one ever brought a BF game for capture the flag or single player.

That said some of the maps are very good and allow both infantry and armour to operate without one overpowering the other.

Along with the much mentioned netcode, I estimate 75% of my deaths come with 2 seconds of spawning in, that awful moment when to other players you have spawned and are "on screen" but on my client side I'm still waiting.  

To be fair no BF release has every reached it's full potential until 5 months from release.  So I'll give it until Easter until I uninstall.
M4tt_W4les
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

FlyRag wrote (View Post):
I am still playing it o/

The fact you can drive a round on a moped f.ex on Silk Road is just too funny

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
Maddie
THG Member
THG Member

norway.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Pyro
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

M4tt_W4les wrote (View Post):
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Reminders for people who will be playing with Matt:
NEVER let him drive a moped unless you want a beeping noise for hours afterwards  Laughing

Maddie aka FlyRag
thedestroyer

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: Is BF4 worth buying? Reply with quote

I still haven't got it yet, wanted to wait until it was a bit cheaper Smile But can't wait for it!
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game! ->  Battlefield All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: