Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

New maps to the rotation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Just to let you know I just "edited and compiled the basevotes.smx" so now you can set the custom/maps to load on mapchange "again" and not load instantly Smile.. So aerynsun you can safely set the next map again  Laughing

Carlos is right, nominate allows 4-5 votes or how ever many votes show. This it to fill with maps that you choose, so if 4-5 players did this every map it would 100% be maps chosen and voted by you if you do not do this the mapcycle falls back to the ones on the list with the slots that have not yet been nominated...

That's how it works so you should all really use it to your advantage...
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

maybe its possible to reduce the number of times badwater, upward and steel appear on the vote. These maps often get automatically nominated. If it was appeared less often it would be played less often.

k
---------------------------------------------------------
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
winthof
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

estonia.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Tbh I find the 1-5 number use rather annoying. Not only it hinders my ability to change weapons quickly from time to time and I usually end up choosing a map I don't want to vote for and later either don't have the time to revote or I just forget.

It's a minor thing and completely situational but I'm sure I'm not the only one and if I'm really not, it can be the cause of "unwanted" maps getting voted (or the majority actually likes those that some of us are tired of)
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

winthof wrote (View Post):
Tbh I find the 1-5 number use rather annoying. Not only it hinders my ability to change weapons quickly from time to time and I usually end up choosing a map I don't want to vote for and later either don't have the time to revote or I just forget.

It's a minor thing and completely situational but I'm sure I'm not the only one and if I'm really not, it can be the cause of "unwanted" maps getting voted (or the majority actually likes those that some of us are tired of)

yep used to be diffrent ie not numbers i think they were f keys, i think it just defaulted back after a plugin update, maybe dav can take alook as i know afew mentioned it in the past.

Id do it but im not here. Very Happy
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

carlos wrote (View Post):
yep used to be diffrent ie not numbers i think they were f keys, i think it just defaulted back after a plugin update, maybe dav can take alook as i know afew mentioned it in the past.

Will try and have a look tonight!  Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:28 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

yes they were function keys for a while, so maybe if they could be changed back to that it would help.  thanks for fixing map vote issue binsky that helps Very Happy .  i will remind people when i am on to keep nominating, hopefully that well help reduce the number of times the same map comes up.  it is to everyones advantage to nominate  Very Happy  Very Happy also mixing some vanilla maps in with custom ones may also pull up ones that dont get played so much.

ps any news yet carlos????? even as you are not here i do know your crystal ball works fairly well  Very Happy
winthof
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

estonia.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

DaV wrote (View Post):
carlos wrote (View Post):

Will try and have a look tonight!  Smile

Fantastic! Much appreciated, guys! :)

I believe in you, DaV!
Obvious

finland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: sPah
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

This is so dumb i think it could be fun on custom map vote on weekends.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5657

Or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5b5wAVFu0
Could just have some gimmick map night for funsies.
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 3
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Yeah, this is the fun server after all.

Although I see some classes gain advantages over others when going "downhill"
aerynsun
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: med/eng
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

encouraging regs to nominate also helps keep the maps that are played alot away too, we could just keep reminding people to nominate maps, may even bind that

suggestion to a key........

also like the look of badwater rainy for a laugh  - shame there are no killer ducks in there Very Happy  Very Happy
Forum Rules
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Oh I nominate alright.

I'm always doing it when I don't realize it's up and I'm trying to switch weapons to set up quickswitch Razz
Haytch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Or what about a mirrored map night?

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=15732

Basically the standard map but mirrored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLxdw1ek3-g
Deepblue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Once we've played maps enough times, I think doing them as a mirrored image would be fun.

Heck, someone should try editing the Payload maps so you start at the end and have to work your way back to the beginning.

These kinds of maps aren't original, but they would be a lot of fun after playing the originals so much.
What would be fun is if there was a way to randomly pick the normal version, mirrored, slanted, or reverse versions when you vote on a map.
Burzum
Regular@THG
Regular@THG

italy.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

I'm all in with playing different maps but i think at some point we should make a selection of which one to keep in the rotation/nomination menu and which one to cut off, because some of them seem really flawed to me.

I mean, we played maps that were obviously not well designed being too easy to attack and too hard to defend or the other way around. And some of them are just bad
Piggles

england.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: New maps to the rotation? Reply with quote

Any chance we could add abandoned upward to the map rotation? it looks amazing but I can never find a server running it......
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: