Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 4 Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 pm
DaV View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:48 pm
Please unban Banned? zzz123 5 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
zzz123 View latest post
Application Apply to join THG Regs TinyPixel 2 Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm

about the halloween event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i-liek-turtals
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

turkey.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Pyro&Spy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:40 am Post subject: No icon about the halloween event Reply with quote

hai. as you may know, valve added a new event to the koth_lakeside. it's similar to the last years event. there's a bad guy and both teams have to work together to kill him. now there are some issues with this. for instance, if by chance people on the server behave, a new comer can run to the point and burn down everything. then a guy on the other team gets pissed and the battle begins. now this has been the issue with most of the servers I tried. anyway, I'll come back to this later.

I thought I should share my experience. let's start with the boss. he's fairly simple. he loves to dissapear and pop back in at a random spot on the map and throws fireballs and bombs. there's only one thing to know about him. at one point (about half hp I think, not sure) he dissapears and random props appear all arround the map. he is one of them so everyone should find these props and destroy them. the one who finds him gets crits and uber for a short period of time. these props look like a medicine cabinet or a tree or a rock. just look for things that arent supposed to be there.

okay so when he dissapears he picks random players to be the bomb. when these players run and tag him, he gets stunned. this is the time to crit him. they say the maximum demage is done by huntsman. it does 1080 to his head and probably much more with the crit. (see owen's message) I think it's better to remove the class limits for the event, just a thought.

that's about it. now to take him down, everyone has to work as a team. for starters (and I think the most crucial bit) alltalk should be on. communication is everything. people should warn eachother when he reappears. another thing is capping the point. when done repeatedly, the boss spawns a lot faster. plus if we do it while the boss is in the map, it's a huge advantage because it gives us boosts (like crits or uber) (oh forgot to mention, it can also burn us to death Shocked ) (just figured, the point is locked during the boss fight). the other thing, today I saw a server with only one team. you can't cap the point repeatedly, that's the downside but everyone has work as a team. you can share dispensers and no friendly fire (so the upshot is better I think). anyway, you might wanna consider using that.

so, yeah. I think this covers most of it. sorry about my horrid grammar. see you guys at the server.

Last edited by i-liek-turtals on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 5
poland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: 5, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

Good coverage of the topic. I personally, having played around 3h on random servers yesterday, never got to kill the boss (trolls everywhere). If THG wasn't crowded, there wasn't the lakeside_event on and the other way around, so I didn't pop in to u guys. I can imagine that our server, filled with regulars, will have no problem getting Merasmus down :P

And afaik, 1080 dmg is a maximum dmg, a crit (either by headshot or buffed + bodyshit)
---------------------------------------------------------
"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=789443269
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

i-liek-turtals wrote (View Post):

okay so when he dissapears he picks random players to be the bomb. when these players run and tag him, he gets stunned. this is the time to crit him. they say the maximum demage is done by huntsman. it does 1080 to his head and probably much more with the crit. I think it's better to remove the class limits for the event, just a thought.

You got this wrong Wink When he's stunned, he takes maximum damage, so criting someone while the boss is stunned is just waste of crits, it will do the same damage as without crits. As for the huntsman, yes the 1080 damage is maximum he can do, either from headshot or bodyshot when the boss is stunned.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

took me awhile to get the hang of it and understand what was happening and how it worked so sorry for the n00bness when i decided to kill everyone but the boss:)

Anyway saying that i find it a nice change when i got the hang of it, the boss isn't to easy to kill which i quite like and there is some strategy to the map so looking forward to having another bash at it again today :)hopefully there will be more regs on Smile
i-liek-turtals
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

turkey.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

made some changes on the op. thanks for the headsup.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

I was on yesterday and kicked some troll scouts, pyros and spies who trolled like wankers.

If we could all go one one team and have 1 spot on the opposing team. This way someone can swap and cap when necessary

k.
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

Not really sure thats the way valve intended it ? But i really can see your point as spend more time explaining how the map works or telling people off :(

also be careful with how many you are kicking, as it is a public server and this event isn't going to stay around, meaning don't want peeps to think admins are going to kick all the time on #1 coz they don't get there own way, as the map seems to have no rules we cannot been seen to be just making them up. Smile
gary_muvaut
THG Member
THG Member

poland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: 5, 7, 8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

there's some sort of plugin in Lethal Zone, preventing from doing harm to the other team while the boss is present. And from my experience it is fairly the only way to beat him on a server filled with non-regulars
"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=789443269
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

I think we should just password the sever for an hour on Thursday night for an hour so the regs can get to play this without rage

has to be the worst public map ever made Sad

Last edited by carlos on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

Unless the class limits are changed for that map, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it out of rotation and move it to just the nomination menu. It's terrible to play unless you having a proper crack at the event, and if not, it's just Lakeside made even worse due to the fact that the point is dead whenever he appears, dragging the map on.
Forum Rules
i-liek-turtals
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

turkey.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

carlos wrote (View Post):
I think we should just password the sever for an hour on Thursday night for an hour so the regs can get to play this without rage

has to be the worst public map ever made Sad

or you can setup the 3rd server just for the event (till the end of the halloween) with all the plugins etc and announce it on the first server. just a thought.
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

It was only 2-3 people who after repeated warnings continued to troll with spies. These guys knew the score and just wanted to act like asses.

The event is nice but it definitely needs some kind mod to stop people ruining it for the majority.

k
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

gary_muvaut wrote (View Post):
there's some sort of plugin in Lethal Zone, preventing from doing harm to the other team while the boss is present. And from my experience it is fairly the only way to beat him on a server filled with non-regulars

Right i listened and looked and then added this kill block plugin for when any boss spawns. team killing will be blocked or should! let me know how it goes ill try get on later check it out myself Smile
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

cool thanks binks Smile i will try it out later
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: about the halloween event Reply with quote

Tried it out.

Its much better having the mod then not having it at all, but still you get griefers who are spies or scouts :p

During the kill rasmus part engys stick their sentires on point to kill him. If you dont kill rasmus he disappears sentires become active and slaughter other team.

If the mod could be adjusted to be no dmg on players at all times it would be better.

k
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: