Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 6 Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 pm
carlos View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
HLstatsX - Stats Resets!- Last reset 1-11-2017 - Updated. Servers binksy 13 Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am
binksy View latest post
Pyro limit Team Fortress 2 HiMom 1 Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 pm
76561193786316845 View latest post
Map to add to the servers. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 9 Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 pm
DaV View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 14 Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 pm
DaV View latest post
Warning about one of the new Jungle Inferno maps. Servers Fareseed 0 Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Hiya! Introductions TerraTigris 2 Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:00 pm
DaV View latest post
THG REG Apply to join THG Regs YladFrank 4 Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm
DaV View latest post
NEW TF2 SHORT! [UPDATE NEWS] Team Fortress 2 Fnif 3 Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm
zzzzzzzzzz View latest post

Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffooner

blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 pm Post subject: No icon Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

I was just playing on #2 on Nucleus, and the sticky jumper was being used to get to the other spawn before the game had even started. This led to obvious problems like immediate deaths. But since first blood gives crits, it then makes it really easy for one side to win. If you then have the sticky jumper coupled with the Persian Persuader, they can heal themselves with ammo, and you get an almost invincible demoman. D:
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? Reply with quote

yeah it sux, how they getting out there spawn when the round hasn't started? ;/ or are they just doing it fast!

I have thought about disabling the 1st blood crits maybe that's an option to help prevent this or weaking it.

Thoughts?
Salith
Forum Master
Forum Master

uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? Reply with quote

They'll sticky-jump within spawn to get out and then jump across the map. If they're quick enough, they can get there as people are leaving.

I'd try disabling crits and see if that solves a little of it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Find me on XBox Live as Salith. Halo Reach!!!
DaV
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? Reply with quote

Maybe I'm thinking of a different map, but isn't there two ways out of spawn? I agree it's not ideal, but banning a weapon seems a bit overkill.

As Salith says, disabling the first blood crits (if it can be disabled) might be a good first stab at mitigating the issue though.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited by DaV on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? Reply with quote

Yeah i think we should trial the first blood crits disabled. There are no random crits on arena since day 1, however the 1st blood is on and does give crits, so it will or should help with this issue, and again i have debated this many times Wink. So it should be cool to be off. and make better games all round :P

Going to turn 1st blood off now. feed back here  Cool
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
o0|MATT|0o
Server Admin
Server Admin

england.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

I doo beleive Buffooner means this happening

[Watch On YouTube]
Vendetta

votes: 1
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: spysnipe
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

I play a long time and honestly it is quite irritating for the other players who do not even understand what happened take off.I too abused it and still have those players who do that. If you decide to deal with it as well you consider and think that every player should enjoy the game and not just a one then we have to enter these new rules in the duties of administrator

I dont think so that disable first blood it's good idea becouse this spam we hve only in nucleus and also FIRST BLOOD it is good reward for players.

who agree too support me
Salith
Forum Master
Forum Master

uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

So are you saying it's okay for 1 person to abuse demo-jumping and ruin everyone else's game?
It's a little hard to figure out exactly if that's what you're saying or not. :/
Find me on XBox Live as Salith. Halo Reach!!!
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

I too abused it

who agree too support me

Evil or Very Mad  NOT ME
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

I watched the video and it showed 50% abusing the game mechanics and 50% monumentally stupid players on the opposing team, everyone taking the one exit for no real reason. when confronted by a demo at their door do literally nothing about it either retreating or firing, I agree lose the crit bonus you wouldn't get half this problem but to ban a weapon from the server because you need to save people from themselves is dumb.

let's look at this from the eyes of someone who has played demo a fair bit, to accomplish that kill streak he has had to do 2 things; 1. lose the most powerful and useable weapon in the game 2. relied on the enemy team not dealing with him, you can't cap the point or lose in the first 10 seconds unless you fail spectacularly so to deal with him is take another exit, he can't sticky the exit all he has is the nade launcher. 1 heavy could deal with him easily and get his own crit streak, a scout taking the side exit and flanking him would deal easily, you don't even need teamwork just 1+ players with a brain that functions.

(just watched the video again and I'm 99.9% sure I could do that jump with the sticky bomb launcher with a medics constant buff until the last jump and land with maybe 10-40 health, imagine how bad it'd be if the exit was stickied. It's not the weapon or the map that's at fault it's that demo can be abused so easily when the spawns are close. people always scream how much they love pyro or heavy and forget that demo in the right hands is devastating and either they learn to beat him or they die over and over)
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Vendetta

votes: 1
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: spysnipe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Ban stickyjumper on #2? - Or turn of 1st blood? Reply with quote

you are not completely understood what i mean. In general, i am against stikyjumupers, but admins must follow them and will hve given warning, then we dont need to disable FB or to ban stickyjumper weapons.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: