Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 40 Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:20 pm
Secret Hitler, 19th Jan at 8pm Any Game! Heimerdinger 4 Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am
aerynsun View latest post
Critvote on the fun server Servers asmila 5 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:34 pm
olshi View latest post
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post

[Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexiefy

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:44 am Post subject: No icon [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

Hai ;o i guess alot fo you recognize me as im playing on THG for quite some time now Razz When to think of it, quite a long time actually x_X

However, there is one thing that bugs me for quite a long time now... Why fixed spreads were removed from server 1?:S Lack of fixed spreads makes playing scout (and any shotgun using class to some extent)annoying.
Im in a medium distance to another scout, i know i should deal around 40-50 damage with each shot but i deal 18, 9, 27 etc and then i get 2 shot by that scout just because his pellets flew differently and instead of hitting me for 40 dmg he hit me for 90...
Scouts are already barely played on anything but 5 cp maps, they dont deal loads of sustained damage that would allow them to build crit chance high enough to have such crit chance as demo, heavy or even a soldier. Even if scouts gets a crit its not even fun to see crit for 18 damage (for those who like crits in the first place).
Fixed spreads were introduced mostly to stabilize scouts, sure they help pyros, soldiers or even shotgun wielding heavies, but their main goal was to fix unstable class.

So my question is this: Can we PLEASE get fixed spreads back?

Im not asking for crit removal, im not asking for fixed damage (even tough its a very nice thing), i just want not to be screwed by the game i play despite how good my aim might be...

Most people won't even notice that its there, while people who do know about fixed spreads will notice them isntantly and will be very happy to see them.

PS. For those who dont know what fixed spread is. Any shotgun, scatter gun, fan or alike (miniguns dont apply) shoot their pellets in random pattern. For example, scatter gun shots 9 pellets, your damage is determined on how many pellets hit your target(and then by how much damage each pellet deals since every weapon has damage range if the server isnt running fixed damage command where every wpn damage is normalized and deals fixed value in given condition. For example, sniper rifle w/o that command deals 45-55 damage non zoomed, with fixed damage it deals 50 damage every time). Even if you aim perfectly you might deal 9 damage, or no damage with each shot just because pellets flew away from your crosshair. Fixed spreads force pellets to fly in the same pattern every single time and the pattern looks exactly like this
.  .  .
.  .  .
.  .  .
where middle pellet is exactly at your crosshair, which means that if you aim well, you will always hit your target and you will be able to predict how strong your shot will be
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

yeah I noticed nospread was off, been off for a while, I do miss it as scout
---------------------------------------------------------
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

As far as i am aware this is because we get punished for it which makes the server harder to fill, we did a test on #3 because of threads on this but it failed i can see this makes the difference in some classes but then it would then in turn, it would then out match other classes so the happy medium was to keep everything as stock and side with valve to make sure we had at least one server acting by there rules.

I maybe wrong but i think this was the case im sure binks or slate will tell you the reasons why it is like it is.
Dexiefy

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

i could see removing crits as something that would turn away avarage joe who likes to feel good after 1 shotting some1 ;p but fixed spreads is something that i bet 80% of population wouldnt even notice unless you would tell them that they are there and how they work ;p

All i want simply is to play scout and not get annoyed, cause lets face it, fixed spreads affect mostly scouts, who are minority on almost every map other than 5 cp. So getting fixed spreads would greatly affects those handfull of scouts while not really changing anything for avarage joe ;o
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

What im saying is it would involve 2 cvars changes in the sever config, valve punishes you for them changes 1) is the icon to say that your not running a true server  2) it wont send you any players.

I do agree with what you would like to change but its hard to fill the server now when it is below 6-8 players on a weekday?

As i said i maybe wrong and im sure binks or slate will correct me if i am Smile Smile
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
GatesMcTaste
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:33 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

it's true, (source).

Quote:
How does the matchmaking work?

You need to be running a Valve map to be matched, except:
       Any arena map
       cp_manor_event
       cp_degrootkeep
       koth_harvest_event
       tc_hydro
   Servers should be running as "vanilla" as possible. In particular, these server tags (sv_tags) will disqualify a server:
       friendlyfire
       respawntimes
       nocrits
       norespawntime
       nodmgspread
       highlander
       noquickplay
   Your server should not be password protected
   Your server needs to have VAC enabled
   Increasing the max player count above 24 will incur a matchmaking scorking penalty, but will not disqualify you from the list
---------------------------------------------------------
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

You can ask any red admin even the 2 new 1s, we can not change this cvar on our main server or any that punish you as even most regs/members know the server will be more dead than it is now.

2x harder to fill etc due to the punishment we have tested this with #1 and #3 in the past me slate have the proof ask him he will tell you the same result as me.

HH #1 server look how busy that used to be when they had crits on and damage spread normal, now its dead unless 24 regs want a game at the same time which then its full for 2secs no random/quickplay players will get on the poor server starters will be there all day, and end up not bothering = dead server.

Just can't do it m8. what i am wiling todo is show you this or try to prove it to u that this is a valid reason and very good 1 too, blame valve they suck, not us.

#3 we could try it again but believe me i tell you truth when i say sit there 1hrs getting it full.

Its sad day lol
Dexiefy

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

hmm, from the quote that GatesMcTaste linked, i can see that fixed damage spread would disqualify a server but there is no mention of fixed spreads, as far as i know these 2 are 2 different cvars, or do you need to apply fixed damage spread in order to apply fixed spread?

But ofc if it would hurt the server in any way then its obviously not worth it.
Wuppen
Regular
Regular

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

At least there is no info that tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads affects quickplay. So could be worth a try.
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

tf_damage_disablespread & tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads are in the blacklisted cvars.

as far as i have been able to read doing a search.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
oh01
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: [Suggestion] Fixed spreads for server #1 Reply with quote

I am playing half of the time as "battle" engi, running around with shotgun while having my sentry somewhere else and I can't say I am having problems with fixed spread, I still have lots of shotgun kills Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: