Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Greetings! Introductions cragdhack 2 Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:56 am
Gilly View latest post
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 40 Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
zapo View latest post
Hello there Introductions esemesas 6 Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
another hidden talent on the server Team Fortress 2 aerynsun 1 Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
Hey Hey Introductions Rayman 5 Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:22 am
Derfy View latest post
You were good son, real good, maybe even the best... Team Fortress 2 Gilly 1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:56 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 47 Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Fareseed View latest post
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post

Unusual classes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:06 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I would consider every class that doesn't have to run away from a fight (Sniper and Spy) an offensive class. And that includes the engineer if played right (perhaps the only class that can also actually be considered defensive). In fact, I would rather take an engineer in to a 1v1 fight than a pyro. Always fun taking on overconfident heavys with that shotgun.
Crehl
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:28 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I'd say it's almost entirely down to how you use the class. Even with stereotypical defenders such as engineer, what Precizion said is right - they can still be used for offence. The number of times engineers have wrenched/shotgunned me when I'm playing scout is quite possibly more than the number of times I've been killed by their sentries.
---------------------------------------------------------
smudge
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

A good offensive engineer can break the defending team. I love getting a sg up to bully the offence. I hate engineers that just place some teleporters in a nice safe place and put a sg to defend it and then sit aroung guarding it doing nothing.

Also I love Engineer on Arena, it is great!
san7a

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 am Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I disagree with some of the pyro bashing....

Its one of my least played classes (around 3 hours or something - i dont mind playing any class tbh) and it used to be the most rubbish class in TFC, but now its become much more rounded and i think it works well on both offence and defence.

In offence sure you cant take out the sgs, but neither can a medic or scout (well you CAN with scout, but its not like being a demoman...) and when armed with the standard flamethrower (blowbacks against soldiers and throwing enemy medics around) and the uber axe, its a right pain in the arse once you have mastered quickly flaming someone and smacking them down since you are faster than most other classes.

In defence you're just setting everyone on fire and shredding 70hp or so over the duration they are alight and helping to defend your sgs against spy attacks. Also still being able to blast medics away from their uber target and push people off cap points is useful. I dont see why people bother with the backburner!? Smile
smudge
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

TFC pyro was only rubbish when you didn't know how to use it and it's hard to find out how to use the class accidently. It was a very quick class and could rocket incen grenade up to great heights without taking much damange. Also no need to reload rockets so good for spam.

On the topic of TF2, pyros can take out sgs in fact they are one of the most annoying classes to an engineers. The fact that they can simply circle strafe a level 3 sg and demolish it is very annoying. Also the fact that the flamethrower can be fired round corners where an sg is etc.... Also they are more effective for taking out sgs with an uber than heavies and soliders due to the the fact they can kill the engineers as well.

Backburner is useful when you don't expect a great deal of ubers to occur such as goldrush stage 3, cp 1. Just go around the enemy and come up from behind them when they are pushing for MANY kills.

I need to post less :p.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
HerrDocktor
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:07 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

smudge wrote:

On the topic of TF2, pyros can take out sgs in fact they are one of the most annoying classes to an engineers. The fact that they can simply circle strafe a level 3 sg and demolish it is very annoying.

This requires good sentry placement to counter
Quote:

Also they are more effective for taking out sgs with an uber than heavies and soliders due to the the fact they can kill the engineers as well.

Detonate a sticky or fire a soldier's rocket at uber pyro's feet, and laugh as the uber pyro gets launched into the air and gets rendered useless

On topic: i saw Precizion as Pyro and Binsky as scout a while ago. Had to double check the name and cross reference with the score sheet spelling while running several search engines over a distributed computing network, but it was them i tell you!

*grabs new pacemaker batteries*
---------------------------------------------------------
smudge
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:24 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I can top that. I saw Binksy play spy not long ago Shocked. Stick to your spammy classes Binksy bloody hell :p.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: