Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello there Introductions esemesas 3 Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 pm
DaV View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 46 Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:59 pm
Fareseed View latest post
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Secret Hitler, 19th Jan at 8pm Any Game! Heimerdinger 4 Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
aerynsun View latest post
Critvote on the fun server Servers asmila 5 Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:34 pm
olshi View latest post
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:32 pm
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:33 am
Gilly View latest post

TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masquerade
Regular
Regular

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

carlos wrote (View Post):
And i have to say i have been to a couple of other servers last couple of night's and they play alot smoother then ours (i know thats not what you want to hear red admins but thats how it is )  Confused

Sad but true.
Out of curiosity - at what point would you say 'Enough is enough.' and change server provider? Are there major issues with doing something like that? - these aren't meant to be rhetorical questions, I'd honestly like to know.
As unwelcome as trumpeting competing servers may be I am fairly sure Hampshire Heavies hasn't had as many problems as THG has had and they've got quite a lot more to handle on their server.
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
germany.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

Masquerade wrote (View Post):
(...)
As unwelcome as trumpeting competing servers may be I am fairly sure Hampshire Heavies hasn't had as many problems as THG has had and they've got quite a lot more to handle on their server.(...)

That's not true, Hampshire Heavies had equal, if not worse issues. click
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

I no theirs nothing we can do or hasn't been done to try and get #1 stable,im just pointing out that there still seem's to be an issue if not a slightly different one to what we have had in the past ie the 2 second freezers then playable again, no connection time out's and to be honest as much as it's not the smoothest, i don't get lag a such just those freezers which i would most likely say it was my end if it wasn't for everyone else shouting out about it.

this thread should be kept alive and reported in, in-case the host or such needs to have a look :)

So this should be kept at a reporting thread not a moaning thread Smile
Masquerade
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

slate wrote (View Post):
That's not true, Hampshire Heavies had equal, if not worse issues. click

I stand corrected. Admittedly I've only been on there fairly recently and then only when THG servers have been giving me odd pings. My apologies.

That said - anyone have any idea what could be causing 4-5 random players pings to float quietly up to between 100-150 for all THG servers while leaving other players unaffected?
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

Masquerade wrote (View Post):
I stand corrected. Admittedly I've only been on there fairly recently and then only when THG servers have been giving me odd pings. My apologies.

That said - anyone have any idea what could be causing 4-5 random players pings to float quietly up to between 100-150 for all THG servers while leaving other players unaffected?

This is not our server that's giving you a high ping this will be a HOP which is another server your internet is taking you through to reach our server. Simple routing issue some players get it some don't as they use different routing to the IP..

What you need to do is a traceroute/tracert to see what server it is causing the issue and then we can see from that but usually there is not much you can do sux I know but that's London routing for yah :<

Read this link and copy your trace route here ok m8..
http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

The lag hasn't been that bad from what I've seen. It's only the occasional hiccup that lasts a second or two. Sure, it's annoying, especially if it hits at the wrong time (middle of a fight), but at least they aren't happening all that often.

It'd be great if that could be fixed, but still the servers a lot better than it was. And I'd rather have this type of problem than the one servers like Hampshire Heavies have. I tried playing on there a bit recently when we having problems and the server was down, and it was near unplayable with a real persistent lag that made it feel like you were playing with two or three times your actual ping.
HerrDocktor
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

Precizion wrote (View Post):
The lag hasn't been that bad from what I've seen. It's only the occasional hiccup that lasts a second or two. Sure, it's annoying, especially if it hits at the wrong time (middle of a fight),

I suspect that's not server lag, but a different bug made by valve related to the dynamic model loading thingy implemented last content patch.
What happens is 1 or 2 'new' players (for instance respawned players that changed classes) enter the predefined area for starting the dynamic model loading (i.e 15 meters away, or your visual area), the dynamic loading happens as expected but in doing so causes a temporary resources bottleneck that gives you your hickup.

You will find it happens most after a respawn if you are looking behind you when approaching random corners. Approaching corners behind which action happens while looking around and behind also seems to trigger it sometimes.
---------------------------------------------------------
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

No, it's definitely server side (the cries of "LAGGGG" from others gives it away).
devilsrefugee
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

just a quick question...once the server is 100% again, would we be willing to re-introduce the replay system?

...please? Very Happy
amis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

votes: 1
finland.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 am Post subject: Great ! ENABLE REPLAYS ON SERVER! Reply with quote

devilsrefugee wrote (View Post):
just a quick question...once the server is 100% again, would we be willing to re-introduce the replay system?

...please? Very Happy

Yeah, that's the #1 reason I haven't played on THG lately, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

It shouldn't be a problem on the technical side, hundreds of servers have it running smoothly @ 24 players.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
devilsrefugee
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm Post subject: Great ! Re: ENABLE REPLAYS ON SERVER! Reply with quote

amis wrote (View Post):
devilsrefugee wrote (View Post):

...please? Very Happy

Yeah, that's the #1 reason I haven't played on THG lately, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

It shouldn't be a problem on the technical side, hundreds of servers have it running smoothly @ 24 players.

yeah same tbh.

Im really into video making, and the replay thing to me, is like all my christmas's coming at once. I have so much fun on THG, but the lack of replays is very dis-couraging.

Fingers crossed! :D

note:
Although thg doesnt lack players, i sure do hope the replay gets re-introduced.
Ian_Itor
Forum Resident
Forum Resident

germany.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: TF2 #1 Is almost lagg free....... Reply with quote

as far as i recall somebody said, that the provider had trouble with replays on their other servers, too.
too bad, i really like that feature. especially in arena sometimes you'd want a replay ^^
---------------------------------------------------------

ideas are bulletproof
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: