Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello Introductions Jimi 14 Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:09 pm
DaV View latest post
Lots of Maps, Very Few Played - Monthly Rota? Servers Helmsman2 9 Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:03 am
zapo View latest post
Consider reducing the max player cap to 24 for the servers? Servers bigtimerush 13 Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:36 am
Derfy View latest post
Winter is coming ... new winter map propositions Team Fortress 2 zapo 6 Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 pm
Gilly View latest post
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 58 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Derfy View latest post
Lets talk about the short circuit Servers Rayman 23 Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:25 pm
DaV View latest post
Nocrits Server Team Fortress 2 hardomat991 1 Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 pm
aerynsun View latest post
How it feels to play demoman Team Fortress 2 Dkz 5 Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 am
aerynsun View latest post

Steam Holiday sale 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Any Game!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

votes: 34
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm Post subject: No icon Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Damn holiday sales... Anyways, Bully: Scholarship Edition for 2,50€. Yay or nay? What I've heard is that on Playstation it was great, but the PC port is quite bad. What about AvP for 5€? I remember the demo was quite horrible, does anyone know if it's any better now?
---------------------------------------------------------
Is bungle the same as juggle?
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

This sale is awesome! On the first day, I bought 2 Indie packs and 3 other items...damn  Very Happy
But sorry, can't say anything about those two...I'm thinking about DoD, I always wanted to try it - but I already spent enough, I think Razz
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

AvP is epic meh timo, terrible terrible game mate

don't know about bully

but todays sale shines with assassin's creed 2 and just cause 2! and maybe spore..i mean come on..15 bucks for assassins creed 2? that game will keep you busy 50+ hours AT LEAST it's that good.buy it, even if your pc can't handle it today, it will 3 years later!
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

I'm categorically against Ubisoft's DRM style, so no AssCreed for me.
Masquerade
Regular
Regular

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

These sales have been more or less perfect for me so far. The only downside is that I've now totally lost control of my finances - after a months temp work up the road from home and a couple of weeks of being unable to check my balance I could have anywhere between £150 - £700 to get me through Christmas  Rolling Eyes

With regards to Bully the impression I've got from all I read about it was that it received a very luke warm reception from reviewers in general.
I've no idea about whether the port is inferior but, given the quality of the sale so far, my advice to you is to not throw cash at something you're only half sure about when there's likely to be something awesome on sale tomorrow, or the day after etc.

As for Just Cause 2 I sort of recommend it but with the rather large caveat that it's the most unstable game I've played on my PC for quite a while. Metro 2033, New Vegas and even Empire: Total War were nowhere near as problematic as JC2. Still, definately a fun game nonetheless - just save often.

Edit: I don't see KOTOR in your Steam collection and that's on sale at around the same price point as the other games you mention. If for some reason you've dismissed the hype then now would be a good time to pick it up IMO
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Topher
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 7
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

strange, I've never had a problem with Just Cause 2, never crashed or froze once.
It's not the best game ever though, the cars handle like hippos and the voice overs are painful to listen to. But it's fun none the less with it's huuuge open sandbox world, epic stunts and shiny clean graphics. But also beware, it's pretty tough on ya graphics card so don't expect to be able to run it maxed out unless you've got a top end rig or a small death star...
Krak
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 3
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Bully is great fun. If its cheap buy it Smile
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

I think I'll try not to buy anything else now Shocked (yeah right!) What have you guys got so far?
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

libya.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Indie Fright Pack (92%, and two of the items there were on my wishlist! :3)
Indie Mix Pack (DEFCON and Darwinia alone are worth it)
Super Meat Boy (3,50, come on Razz)
Penumbra: Black Plague - Gold Edition (Just so I have all Penumbra games)
Killing Floor London's Finest DLC (Why not)

I actually think that's it for me now, dunno what else I'd be excited about - except if they have the Borderlands DLCs on sale.
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
Masquerade
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

This month across all the sales

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Fallout: New Vegas
Flight Control HD
Two of the first round of Indie Packs
Just Cause 2
Kings Bounty Complete Edition (or something along those lines, sucks I couldn't gift the KB I already had)
Metro 2033
Super Meat Boy
The Witcher: Enchanted Edition.

Doesn't seem too bad now that I look at them layed out like that. Most of those were bought for around £5 so maybe I can still spend a little more.

If AC2 had been given 75% off rather than 50% off I would have got that but not knowing how much money I have left stayed my hand on that one.

So far out of all that I've probably actually enjoyed the Indie Packs the most, although it's probably still too early to say in truth. I really, really liked Tidalis and Arcen Games are swiftly becoming one of my favourite devs but I've yet to really get going in New Vegas, Just Cause 2 I still have some way to go in and the KB expansions, Witcher and Super Meat Boy aren't even installed yet.
Forum Rules
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

libya.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, I didn't even mention the ones I bought in the Give&Get sale, or the Treasure Hunt... Amnesia, Metro, Borderlands, the Indie Pulse Pack...all good stuff there :3
Io sono ghiacciato.

Antisankari
Forum Master
Forum Master

finland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Depends
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

I haven't bought any games. Is this bad?
All you need is my uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss
Masquerade
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Not bad, but as Timo and I briefly discussed elsewhere it is certainly more wise to focus any spending on Steam during its sales so long as you have the patience for it.

In a way it's almost like a game of chicken at times. Kind of felt like that with Fallout: New Vegas - I knew with the sales coming up there wasn't any point getting it for £5 over the general retail price just to have it on Steam, then it dropped the £5 and then finally came down to around £20 and I just don't see it getting any cheaper than that for a while.
AMT
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 6
blank.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Medic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Didn't buy a thing yet, no idea why.

Timo find us a link with all games on sales, the same as the one in Give&Get.
kLoWn
Admin+
Admin+

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Holiday sale 2010 Reply with quote

Havent bought anything yet either. The same stuff goes on sale every few days and most likely games will be cheapers in a few more days!

k
Be brave and shoot rockets so that kLoWn may love thee
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Any Game! All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: