Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

Yet another server discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 5
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Heavy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

I mentioned this in the chat a few days ago, but I'm not sure if there exists a plugin for the servers to do it though: I want a Fatigue system for the maps, if they are played too regularly they are put low in the nominate list and/or cannot be played/nominated for a day/amount of hours.
I believe I'm seriously getting scurvy from the current mappool... Sad
---------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to add me to your Steam friends list.
Or BF3? Smile
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

It's not like there aren't plenty more maps already on there, it's just that no matter what you put on, a certain few always tend to win the vote. Only way you'd get real variety is if you went to a map rotation, or if not that, then take a map or two off every month and then put them back while you swap out another, which could keep things fresh.

Wouldn't mind seeing another wait added to when a map can be voted for though.
Hagrid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

england.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

frozen_ wrote (View Post):
its that time again. i thought about some stuff and want to rant about some things, things that could be better with the server config, in my opinion. so lets have another discussion thread, shall we?  :)

ok

firstly: heavies. they still are a problem, and probably continue to be one until valve patches them somehow. until then, i think, we should try to solve the problem with class restrictions. why is it 2 on payload, 3 on everything else? is this distinction neccessary/reasonable? i believe 2 heavies max are just fine, regardless of map type.

Not quite sure what the problem with the heavies is at the moment, but I do seem to be doing better with this class since I started playing again. 2 seems like a reasonable limit though

next: both granary and badlands are, sadly, not much fun to play on. too often teams are unbalanced on the first round, so that one is over before all players even finished loading after mapchange! the 2nd round is over pretty soon after that, too...
why put a round limit of two? i believe a time limit would be way more reasonable and also fun to play. i mean, it even works like that on another 5CP map, freight. put a round limit of 4 or 6, and a time limit. this way, the map gets played some time even if the first rounds are steamrolls, and still, stalemates are being prevented by the time limit.

a bigger round limit would make sense, and possibly a mandatory team scramble after the first round if its possible in your admin mod?

last: the map pool. yeah, i know, many discussions, but what i really dont get is how egypt gets to stay, while cp_well, which people generally seem to enjoy more, isnt in there. i always thought we shouldnt limit the mappool so much; true, a bad map can empty a server pretty quickly, but if it happens in the busy evening hours, it will fill up pretty quickly after that too.
so i demand: put cp_well, cp_yukon, pl_hoodoo(!!!) and ctf_sawmill in the mappool!

just my two pence worth but what are the chances of gettin cp_warpath thrown in on the map rotation for half an hour? and as for egypt that map is utter fail (just my opinion but nothing gets me to console quit quit like egypt does.)

keep in mind, only my opinions, mainly written down here to stimulate a discussion about it...some changes would definitely be nice  Smile

PS: oh, something really minor i just thought of: saw this on another server, was pretty fun: enable friendly fire in the "waiting for players to join" period after a mapchange! gibbing the whole spawn room is a nice relieve whilst having a good evening playing ;D
-------------------------------------
All aboard the failtrain!!! WhOOOOOWhOOOOOOOO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: www.facebook.com/allaboutthewordplay
aolism
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 3
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Yeah dustbowl was on 3 times today and look at this:

51470 healing, so very very boring. Please shorten it if possible, lots of maps (pipeline) just cut out if not enough time, also the server was emptying whilst playing Sad
Calin
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

aolism wrote (View Post):
Yeah dustbowl was on 3 times today and look at this:

51470 healing, so very very boring. Please shorten it if possible, lots of maps (pipeline) just cut out if not enough time, also the server was emptying whilst playing Sad

don't tell me you didn't like it Razz
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
aolism
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

I didn;t like it, I tried to get everyone to rtv and admit a draw, but they ignored me, as usual  Smile

BTW:
http://cs14.counter-strike.com/maps/tf

dustbowl 14 hours this month, harvest 38 mins (I guess this includes overnight, or empty maps ignored?)
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
hungary.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

I don't see a chance of getting a maprotation based on mutual agreement. Its just ain't gonna happen.

This is the first time I say it but this game is just starting to get boring because of straying away so much from its roots. It gave me 3 years of continuous entertainment but it starts to wear off.

But being less negative: We should probably apply more time for maps to wait before being able to get nominated again.
I am a wicked child.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: