Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Greetings! Introductions cragdhack 2 Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:56 am
Gilly View latest post
We have a artist on the server Team Fortress 2 olshi 40 Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
zapo View latest post
Hello there Introductions esemesas 6 Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
another hidden talent on the server Team Fortress 2 aerynsun 1 Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am
the_steel_rat1 View latest post
Hey Hey Introductions Rayman 5 Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:22 am
Derfy View latest post
You were good son, real good, maybe even the best... Team Fortress 2 Gilly 1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:56 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Map updates available. Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 47 Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Fareseed View latest post
pl_vigil_rc7 Duck Hunt Team Fortress 2 Fareseed 0 Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Fareseed View latest post

HellBoy's New Build
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Hardware & Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellBoy
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:16 pm Post subject: No icon HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

Hi all

I just wanted to get some feedback on my new pc parts.

Asus P7P55D-E Pro ---> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/194854
Corsair XMS3 1333 Mhz ---> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148817?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products
Intel i5 760 2.80 Ghz ---> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Intel-i5-760-S1156-Lynnfield-Quad-Core-28-GHz-8MB-Cache-Core-Ratio-21x-95W-Retail
Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum ---> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Palit-GTX-460-Sonic-Platinum-4000MHz-GDDR5-GPU-800MHz-336-Cores-2x-DL-DVI-I-HDMI-D-Sub

Well i hope this all works please tell me what you think.
McChu
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

What power supply are you using & are you opting for Windows 7 ?
HellBoy
THG Member
THG Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

I have got a Corsair Hx520w and i will be upgrading to Windows 7
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

perfect!
you will LOVE the i5 760 but get some 1600mhz ram instead.

and a decent aftermarket cooler and ride the storm Wink

Last edited by nOOb on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
McChu
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

Quality Hellboy .. windows 7 is very stable ..I have the i7 and they are greeat so your new Quad monster will deliver loads of FPS ... Get in there  Razz
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
HellBoy
THG Member
THG Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

I wanted to get this ram ---> http://www.morecomputers.com/extra.asp?pn=CMP4GX3M2A1600C8&referer=Froogle but when i orderd it. It said they had it in stock but i recived a email saying that is was out of stock and they where not getting it in till 08/09/10 sohuld i wait?

As for a CPU cooler i will get one next month when i get paid
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

that link didn't open mate BUT kingston/corsair/ocz/team or gskill any 1600mhz with cl7/cl8 timings will do. those are all quality products =)) if you oc that CPU to 3.6, i guess 1600mhz is what you need.
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 13
ireland.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

those palits are very loud , get point of view 460 beast or ultima quieter and faster , and 1600mhz ram as noob said
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
hungary.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

AraS wrote (View Post):
those palits are very loud , get point of view 460 beast or ultima quieter and faster , and 1600mhz ram as noob said

Yea, seconded. Palit is not a very good option. You can also try MSI's Cyclone 460GTX, deffo a good choice.

EDIT: Could be interesting to know what other games you play too.
---------------------------------------------------------
I am a wicked child.
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

Quote:
MSI's Cyclone 460GTX

best bang for your buck.

palit's in turkey are hard to find and more expensive than other brands.

is it becouse it's betteR?

or just expensive to rip customers like nvidia does? we'll never know!
Forum Rules
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

ireland.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

not cyclone im talking about point of view beast or ultiamte faster then palit quieter and cooler, and faster it has core set @ 850 +
Topher
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 7
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Engineer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

errr, no they're not Aras, I own that card so I should know ;)

I run that card with MSI afterburner utility keeping the fan speed even lower as I insist on a quiet computer (speed ramps up with temp). I 'did' once read something about loud fan noise with this card before a bios fix, maybe that's what you've heard Aras? However now they're fine, and even better if you create a custom profile in afterburner instead of leaving the driver to control fan speed. Even with my card at 100% load for 10 minutes my temps don't go above 70c and that's with the fan speed at 55% speed. At that speed it's damn quiet.

My previous GPU was Palit too and found them to be great, custom made PCBs and coolers. Don't know what bad experiences you've had Hes? Only other GTX 460s worth thinking about are MSI cyclone like Hesitator said, however they don't do a version with such a big factory overclock so you've got to be happy doing it yourself. Also it costs £40 more than the Palit version. The Gainward GTX 460 GLH, that's very quiet and comes with the same overclock as the Palit. Nearly all other 460s I'm aware of are too noisy due to badly designed coolers.

850MHz POV aras? there website lists no such thing...only a stock 675MHz version, highest you can get a GTX 460 is around the the 830/840 mark if memory serves correct, so the highest factory OCs are between 800MHz and 820MHz.

I'd try and get the higher speed ram if you can, you could always trying buying from another place?
I've just replaced my XMS3 1333MHz corsair ram as even with CPU stock it was a little bit of a bottleneck for some tasks, and a huge bottleneck when overclocking...
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

hungary.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

Topher wrote (View Post):

My previous GPU was Palit too and found them to be great, custom made PCBs and coolers. Don't know what bad experiences you've had Hes?

Palit is kinda rare in Hungary. But since they hit the market here a couple years ago their products kept getting bad reputation and also retailers stopped ordering them. Had some friends in the pc parts wholesale and they had a lot of trouble with Palits. We bought some for company use and we also found them a bit rubbish in terms of noise and general build quality.

On the other hand I have to say that new ones look significantly better overall.
I am a wicked child.
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

hungary.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

Also Topher, the Point of View GTX 460:

Graphics Processing Unit GeForce GTX 460 GPU
Graphics core speed 855 MHz
Memory 768 MB
Memory type GDDR5
Memory Speed 4020 MHz
Memory bus 192 bit
Shader processors 336
Shader clock 1710 MHz

Its the TGT Ultracharged version.
I am a wicked child.
AraS
Server Admin
Server Admin

ireland.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:39 am Post subject: No icon Re: HellBoy's New Build Reply with quote

sometimes u crack me up tohper with ur not updated news. theres even 900mhz 460 launching soon soon : source : http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/graphics/graphics/colorful-launches-900mhz-gtx-460

and heres new POV 460 850mhz source : http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/graphics/tgts-850mhz-gtx-460-to-start-next-week
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Hardware & Software All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: