Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Mods that should be allowed in servers Team Fortress 2 donull 2 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
BigT_ View latest post
Hello Introductions Gilly 5 Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Fareseed View latest post
Reg Application Apply to join THG Regs Gilly 3 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Gilly View latest post
Cap on Pyro Servers Gilly 2 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:35 am
aerynsun View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post

Yet another server discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

i...i never suggested to remove them! :O in fact, i'd refuse to play on the server if they would gt removed  Razz

but i thought putting some more maps in the nomination menu is no big deal and could be done quickly, so though i agree that heavies are the most urgent issue here, putting some more maps in could easily be done as well
---------------------------------------------------------
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
Pharmacy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 6
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

I agree with the 1 heavy per team limit, heavies are hard to kill now, and it's really easy to play them, anyone can start playing heavy and it's really easy with such a damage per second output to kill everyone you meet as long as you don't try to fight at longer distance, but honestly, which class besides the snipers doesn't suck in long distance combat? The firing cone is really wide so you don't really need to aim too much. The damage output also bumps the crits chance, yeah? Sure, it affects all classes, but, heavy doesn't need to reaload his weapon, so his bumped up crit rates makes him viable to make great pushes, ammo isn't a problem, you just go forward and collect dropped weapons from your (now dead) enemies. And as we all know, crits don't have damage falloff so that makes heavy even harder to kill in middle distance combat. Make it two heavies, one with natascha and the other one with sasha and you have my rage meter near 100%  Cool

Heavies are really a huge problem and valve is certainly going to do something with it, but when? That's a mystery. So i also ask for the heavy limit to go down to 1x.
Judas
THG Member
THG Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Hydro

Hey can you guys put tc_hyro on your server rotation ?
It's an awesome map it's sad to see it's so unpopular.

And to resolve the stalemates you can limit 1 engineer per team and bam no more stalemates.
binksy
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 10
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

THG #1 UPDATE Released 23.08.2010 haha

Ok many would like 1 heavy or just less I personally think it don't need to go below 2 and not seen any servers as low as 2 heavys.. I did originally change it so all pl maps where 2 heavys and 3 demos but on cp & ctf maps they were 4 each so I have set it like below for all maps. lets see if this makes the games better not that I think they are bad anyway! if you want a better game then "don't stack the team you think is better" go on the other make it more interesting its down to you lot as well as the classlimits or the server plugins/admins to help each other have a good/better game.

Classlimits per team "test/temp/forever? u/k"
demomen 3
engineers 3
heavies 2
medics 3
pyros 3
scouts 3
snipers 2
soldiers 3
spies 2

Granary and Badlands now are 1st to 3 wins or 20 mins timelimit "changed from 1st to 2 and 20 mins"

Hmm on the maps being added to the nominate menu!!! the 3 mentioned "yukon" "well" "hoodoo" deffo not hydro lols!!! are not popular and have been known to empty the server at all different times of the day and night! this is why they are not there we have tried many times but we could try again "one day" but if its seen to empty the server as much as they did do then ofc they will be removed again "iff added"!! rather than risk peeing off some players/or our server!!!..

hmmm that's it really,,, no maps have changed "yet" I will speak with the other community admins and general admins "ASAP" to see what they think too... I always say we GAME with 100s of players not just a few makes it hard to decide what's best for all and the server but we can try.

I will be back to the gaming scene soon, as these holidays are over I will deffo be about most mornings and back to the game more catch up on stuff. I have fixed the servers a few times since the last update hopefully they run better now and should of solved the random crashes! and or made them less frequent.

On a good note #2 is doing great these days also has no crits no random damage and 1 heavy/engy so take some stress out go join that for hr of fun hehehe

Happy days! bare with it I'm sure valve will nerf and make some changes soon... lets all email them on behalf of our community "and others" link them to some threads on here! That might make them think about it more lol we need other community's to help us out get a petition going on  Laughing
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

libya.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

wow, cool, thanks for the changes so far! im really happy about the granary/badlands thing, thanks for that!
it sure didnt took you as long as valve to release an "update" ;D
yeah, #2 is going really well lately...and it has no crits/no random dmg? wow, didnt know that...sounds like THG is getting a pro-ish server  Very Happy
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
hungary.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

2 heavies mean 4.
I am a wicked child.
abbe
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 5
sweden.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Heavy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Yes, but there's also 13 frickin players per team, 11 who are not heavies.
If the playerlimit were 10 I would gladly have 1 as the heavy limit, but 13 is quite a lot of players.

Feel free to add me to your Steam friends list.
Or BF3? Smile
Hesitater
Admin+
Admin+

votes: 8
hungary.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Sniper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Most likely there will be medics attached to them all the time. Meh, its not like I care anymore. Valve will never fix this shit
I am a wicked child.
Lenty
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 4
uk.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Soldier
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Hesitater wrote (View Post):
Most likely there will be medics attached to them all the time. Meh, its not like I care anymore. Valve will never fix this shit

I'm in this camp. They seem to consider the new heavy, the "fixed" heavy. Grr.
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
germany.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Guess it's really hard to "balance" the Heavy, He's always been really strong with a medic attached to him, but kinda terrible w/o one. Now he is half-way decent on his own, but even stronger with a medic.
Forum Rules
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

libya.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

nice thinking, slate, thats excactly where they have to start changing something now...give him some kind of nerf which only affects him with a medic...
Io sono ghiacciato.

Lee
Spam Poster
Spam Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

binksy wrote (View Post):
On a good note #2 is doing great these days also has no crits no random damage and 1 heavy/engy so take some stress out go join that for hr of fun hehehe

Hey all, I've been playing TF2 a bit again recently. Mostly on the #2 server. Pleased to say I'm glad there's no crits/random damage because that makes me a little emo. Apart from Sawmill and 10vs10 I wouldn't change anything.

Although that Heavy limit doesn't seem to be in place, I've seen a number of times with 2-3 Heavies on a team. Not sure about the Engie limit, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Also, whatever happened with King of the Hill mode? Think I stopped playing around the time that came out. Was it not very successful/popular? Because the #2 server seems like the ideal place for it, with class limits and no crits etc it seems like it might be fun.
slate
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 am Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

welcome back.

Server runs best when you leave it in Arena mode and don't switch around, it's tricky.

Despite the similarities between KOTH and Arena it fits better with the "normal" gamemodes on the Server.

There are KOTH maps in the nomination menu of #1 though.
McChu
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

I've been on server 1 a lot recently & love it & really enjoy the community THG has nurtured... but please add more maps to the nominate list as all we seem to play is Steel Goldrush & upwards ... with the occasional Dustbowel & Badlands .......... please put Hydro on as it is like 3 maps roled into one and maybe consider having a different map each month that the community can vote on via the forum ...keep things fresh.

Cmon Binksy you know it what the community wants.  grovel grovel

More Choice = more fun !
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Yet another server discussion thread Reply with quote

Quote:
More Choice = more fun !

we can only play goldrush and dustbowl.and some badwater and steel.

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT CHOICES?!

WHAT WILL WE DO IF, GOD FORBID, SERVER ISNT 26/26 and 24/26 OR LESS?! THINK BEFORE YOU TALK, MAN!!!!
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Servers All times are UTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: