Make A Donation - Keep Our Servers Online
Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Welcome to THG gaming community, Sign up NOW post new topics, reply to topics, play arcade games and much much more. It takes 1 minute to register
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Triggerhappygamers.com Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Make A Donation / Status News & Announcements binksy 174 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am
binksy View latest post
New Admin - Derfy News & Announcements DaV 8 Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm
Heimerdinger View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello Introductions Gilly 4 Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 pm
DaV View latest post
Boris this is my Flame thrower Funny Stuff the_steel_rat1 4 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 am
Derfy View latest post
Steam Market Crash Team Fortress 2 Fnif 2 Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:39 am
Derfy View latest post
retro stuff Any Game! aerynsun 3 Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:26 pm
DaV View latest post
A simple request General Chat Fareseed 1 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:48 pm
aerynsun View latest post
Please unban Banned? zzz123 5 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
zzz123 View latest post
Application Apply to join THG Regs TinyPixel 2 Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm
Chocolate croissants General Chat jolle 11 Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 am

Spies are people too...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TroHax
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:41 pm Post subject: No icon Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Spy is my favorite class and I played him the most, I played spy before it was cool and easy to play like now-a-days.

I love THG servers, I really do, but THG server has got to be the least spy-friendly servers ever, I can't possibly play a round of tf2 on THG as a spy without raging at least once and I'm known for being really calm.

Why? Terrible team mates.

So I thought I would do a little PSA to help my fellow spies.

Dear team mates,
1) If you see a spy hiding in a corner waiting for action to die down. Do not run over in the corner to try and hide. You are being followed and will more than likely get us killed while invisible.

2) Same as the first almost, if you are being chased by a pyro who is m1 + w all over the place. Running toward a cloaked spy or disguised one is not smart either. You just blew my cover and got me killed. The same goes for pretty much any enemy. I am trying to avoid the main fight and slip into the back lines, do not bring the fight to me because you want to prolong your life. 9 out of 10 times i will back stab the person who just killed you, but you ran him over to me and now he has 2 kills and is still alive.

3) Spy checks are wonderful, but standing there for more than 3-5 seconds is a waste of time and ammo. Checks should be especially quick when i am close to an enemy base so they do not see you firing away at me.

4 and the one that piss me off the most) My ability to slip into enemy ranks undetected requires me to wait and choose my time to go. It is not long, but if you see me running up in disguise, do not run along side me like we are best friends, wait a bit before charging in. That way when you go to fight i will actually be helping instead of dead along side your corpse.

I meant to post this a long time ago but I don't remember why I didn't go through with it, but here it is and if anyone have anything to add to the discussion, then that would be wonderful.
---------------------------------------------------------
Arjun
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

It can be really frustrating playing spy with team mates who give you away. What annoys me is when I'm spying and we have another spy is running around our team disguised as an enemy. Nice job totally giving it away that they will have to spy check as soon as they get out :\

Makes me laugh when you backstab people and apparently you're a terrible player because you play spy and kill that person Wink
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

i heal disguised friendly spies spamming "spy spy spy" sometimes

i hate spies. sorry, you don't have my symphaty.
come back again when you sap instead of backstab, let points go away to actually help your team.you killing 2 then dying isn't helping, why? bcs a soldier kills 3 and dies. 3 > 2. soldier > spy. and spy is french. they eat frogs. and i am a huge bachelor frog fan.
so no, sir. spies aren't ppl.

tldr; you can't expect everyone to shape their playstyle around you, you are not a medic.you are probably not a credit to team and you are not that important =)  

you = spy not tro, tro is cool.
TroHax
Ancient Poster
Ancient Poster

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

nOOb wrote (View Post):

you = spy not tro, tro is cool.

Embarassed
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Same goes the other way if a spy sap's an sg and i am close id like to know about it coz then i can get in there and help instead of hoping the spy has done it, only to walk around the corner to find he has failed Sad not many spys use there mic, want to play in a team then don't try and do it all alone.
spys are really the ones who can say what is around the corner Shocked

Waiting to hear what NoFace has to say  Laughing
Please view and read our Forum & Server Rules
Forum Rules
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

votes: 34
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Spy is my favourite class these days, as slate can testify Very Happy I like to make people rage, not just because it's fun but because it can make them lose focus. I don't care about points much, wasting enemy's time doesn't give those anyway Smile And that's what spy is good at. I smile every time a medic runs across half the map after me instead of healing people.
Is bungle the same as juggle?
Precizion
Server Admin
Server Admin

votes: 5
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

You're right about your own team mates being as much a danger to you as the enemy. That's why to be good I think you have to pay just as much attention to what they are doing as the other side and, after a while, you kind of learn to recognize the situations where they are going to cause you problems,and react accordingly.

Sure, there will still be times where a team mate will get you killed and there is nothing you can do about it, but I don't think it's really fair to blame it on them. Can't expect them to constantly adjust their play just for you (and that's if they even spot you cloaked). Just need to chalk it off as one of those things and let it go.

Speaking of spies - have been thinking about updating the tf2 guide with the spy part now that I'm slowly starting to get a hang of the class. Only problem is, so much of doing well with the class is about being able to see the right spots to make your move, something which is hard to get across. A video would probably be better, but that's a lot more work (plus would have to borrow a mic from somewhere since it'd be a bit crap without commentary).
nOOb
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 27
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Quote:
plus would have to borrow a mic from somewhere since it'd be a bit crap without commentary

WE WILL HEAR HIM TALK
HE WILL BLESS US WITH HIS VOICE
BOW, MORTALS!BOW AS YOUR GOD TEACHES YOU STUFF!  Shocked
Pharmacy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

votes: 6
blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Spies deserve all the jarate they get as long as they use dead ringer, that's my five cents.
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

Pharmacy wrote (View Post):
Spies deserve all the jarate they get as long as they use dead ringer, that's my five cents.

That's the spirit Very Happy
Forum Rules
carlos
Community Admin
Community Admin

votes: 11
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

nOOb wrote (View Post):
Quote:
plus would have to borrow a mic from somewhere since it'd be a bit crap without commentary

WE WILL HEAR HIM TALK
HE WILL BLESS US WITH HIS VOICE
BOW, MORTALS!BOW AS YOUR GOD TEACHES YOU STUFF!  Shocked

Laughing i thought the same  when i got to the end of what was written it was like  Shocked REallY
frozen_
THG Member
THG Member

votes: 12
libya.png

Favourite TF2 Class: Demoman
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

i totally have to agree with precizion. even with nOOb, although i dont share his spy-hatred at all, contrarily i love this class. but as a spy, its your own responsibility to be aware of your teammates just as much as your enemies, and try to go somewhere else when they are running towards you with a pyro in their back.
and, you have to admit, its pretty funny sometimes if your get someone killed. once, i was spy, cloaked, and a pyro saw me. i hid in a corner, the pyro sprayed the whole room with flames - until he lit ANOTHER spy that happened to hide in the same area on fire. i got away. good times ;D

the only thing thats seriously annoying are spychecking teammates. if you can walk partly into me, IM NOT AN ENEMY SPY! no need to hit me 5 times with that bottle, or waste 3 rockets on me. that will give it away more easily that im a spy. seriously, one of the best spychecks is just walking into him from the front.
Io sono ghiacciato.

In the year of our Lord, Twenty Eleven, you cannot look up from beneath the city and see the stars.
But you can look down from above it. And you can jump.
boeuf
Nuts Member
Nuts Member

votes: 2
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

I have to agree that spying is also about being aware of your teammates. Myself I just try to be invisible at pretty much all times, there is enough ammo laying around most maps anyway. And walk alone, stay far away from teammates.

Also I disagree on THG being unfriendly to spies. On some maps it becomes unplayable with all the spam, but theres nothing you can do about that.
I only hate it when sometimes the entire server goes in spy paranoia mode.
Arjun
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

nOOb wrote (View Post):
.you are probably not a credit to team and you are not that important =)  

Have you ever played with a good spy i.e b2b\\Bear?
SuperTimo
Forum God
Forum God

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spies are people too... Reply with quote

boeuf wrote (View Post):
I only hate it when sometimes the entire server goes in spy paranoia mode.

That's when your job is done and you'll change class Smile They're wasting their time being suspicious and are easier to kill by other means.

And Arjun, he's just being nOOb Razz
Forum Rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Triggerhappygamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: